ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Giving reasons for ILR application??

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:20 am

diamonds wrote:Well he is my PARTNER and I'm pregnant with HIS child right now so how and why on earth would I 'adopt' the father of my child.

I think his parents nationality is irrelevant. The matter is they have been in the UK for past 40 years with unsettled status. My partner was born in the UK during this time.
his parents nationality is VERY relevant!
and secondly, you dont have to adopt him, someone else can.
he does not have jus sanguinis (right of blood). that's that. deal with it.
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:14 pm

sh1981 wrote:his parents nationality is VERY relevant!
You mention the parents’ nationality is relevant, the OP may find it more useful if you state why this is, rather than just a short statement of fact with no background/reference.

As for your second point where you suggest adoption, first you make a statement that the OP should adopt him, and then change that to someone else can. It is no wonder the OP, is sceptical about the advice you offer. This forum is meant to help those in need and not to make a joke of another’s circumstances. While it may be that you are trying to help, looking at the tone/nature of your comments here I would suggest that you think before you post, and only make comments which do not intentionally cause distress.

Responses/Topics on this forum become meaningful and useful to the reader only when they are clear and concise, making topics unnecessarily long-winded also creates unnecessary clutter. This is a comment I make after observing several of your posts on this forum.

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:51 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
You mention the parents’ nationality is relevant, the OP may find it more useful if you state why this is, rather than just a short statement of fact with no background/reference.

As for your second point where you suggest adoption, first you make a statement that the OP should adopt him, and then change that to someone else can. It is no wonder the OP, is sceptical about the advice you offer. This forum is meant to help those in need and not to make a joke of another’s circumstances. While it may be that you are trying to help, looking at the tone/nature of your comments here I would suggest that you think before you post, and only make comments which do not intentionally cause distress.

Responses/Topics on this forum become meaningful and useful to the reader only when they are clear and concise, making topics unnecessarily long-winded also creates unnecessary clutter. This is a comment I make after observing several of your posts on this forum.
well im entitled to my opinion lol
anyway i dont need to tell why its relevant im not getting paid to tell anyway, but believe me, its relevant. in fact im the only one who has given substantial advice really.

now come to think of it i think the op should adopt the guy, then the guy should adopt the op, then they should disown each other and get married instead. hows that arrangement ;)

and coming bk to the topic, well the reason why i asked about which country his parents were from sometimes in cases of some countries if a person is born abroad its not recognised as their citizen. therefore he cant be deported. therefore that renders him STATELESS, which was one of my solutions.

that also qualifies him for adoption, which the op, or well, even YOU can do :P if you find that a joke thats your issue but really, im right, think about it. a good solicitor can even prove that he was abandoned at birth.

read about jus sanguins, right of blood.
---

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:56 pm

sh1981 wrote:well im entitled to my opinion lol
anyway i dont need to tell why its relevant im not getting paid to tell anyway, but believe me, its relevant. in fact im the only one who has given substantial advice really.

now come to think of it i think the op should adopt the guy, then the guy should adopt the op, then they should disown each other and get married instead. hows that arrangement ;)
Certainly everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the general idea of responding to a post on a forum such as this, is for it to be useful. Whether the information/advice is substantial/accurate/relevant/practical is something the readers will gauge for themselves. No one "needs" or is "paid" to make comments on this forum, that is understood by the majority of those who have read the guidelines of this website.

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:01 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
sh1981 wrote:well im entitled to my opinion lol

Certainly everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the general idea of responding to a post on a forum such as this, is for it to be useful. Whether the information/advice is substantial/accurate/relevant/practical is something the readers will gauge for themselves. No one "needs" or is "paid" to make comments on this forum, that is understood by the majority of those who have read the guidelines of this website.
on n on n on n on !
anyway you said it yourself, its up to an individual if they find my advice practical!

now silence!
---

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:12 pm

cs95tdg wrote:

I totally agree with you cs95tdg. We must not make jokes when people are stressed and in distress. sh1981 has got his ILR recently. So he thinks he could post all these funny comments. I could laugh it off ,if you post some thing to laugh. But every body is not like that. Please renumber,Never make jokes about other people's misfortune.

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:29 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:

I totally agree with you cs95tdg. We must not make jokes when people are stressed and in distress. sh1981 has got his ILR recently. So he thinks he could post all these funny comments. I could laugh it off ,if you post some thing to laugh. But every body is not like that. Please renumber,Never make jokes about other people's misfortune.
dont be jealous of my ILR!
and it was a serious advice, pay attention!!!!
---

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:34 pm

sh1981 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:

O.K point taken. I really envy you getting your ILR.

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:44 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
sh1981 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:You mention the parents’ nationality is relevant, the OP may find it more useful if you state why this is, rather than just a short statement of fact with no background/reference.

got a new passport holder with a lil date n time n temperate gadget on today you should be jealous of THAT :P

and hey c'mon man this is just how i am, i like to smile even through the tough times if you know what i mean. never take anything so seriously that you forget to be happy :)
---

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:15 pm

sh1981 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
sh1981 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
got a new passport holder with a lil date n time n temperate gadget on today you should be jealous of THAT :P

and hey c'mon man this is just how i am, i like to smile even through the tough times if you know what i mean. never take anything so seriously that you forget to be happy :)
My take on you is,You are good and funny Guy. No worries.