ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

skylisa
Newly Registered

Post by skylisa » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:16 am

Finally i got the document back with the UKBA letter. My case still under old rule so i can apply ILR after 2 years spouse visa. I come form fiancee visa before change new rule 20/07/2012
Date Applied/Docs sent: 28/09/2012
Payment deducted:05/10/2012
Date Received Ack. Letter:10/10/2012
Biometric letter: 14/12/2012
Biometrics taken;14/12/2012
Husband passport request: 30/11/2012
Husband passport back: 20/12/2012
Mum death cetificate sent request speed up the process: 05/03/2013
Docs Received: 12/03/13
Biometric: wait.....

longtime
Newly Registered

Post by longtime » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:50 am

andrew_walker wrote:Hi all, bad news for us today, we got refused.

To be honest it was our own stupid fault, we were quite naive when we applied. My wife originally came to England as a visitor, and so for this reason she was refused. In our rush to apply we hadn't considered the importance of this part.

we were in the same situation and my solicitor told me that %99 i would be granted a flr but i got refused 21st of February. I am not going to an appeal. Still waiting for my passport to be returned to me,so I can leave the UK. Its gonna be 28 days since my refusal and still no sign of my passport.Do you think I ll be an overstayer beacuse they send me my passport back?

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:05 pm

skylisa wrote:Finally i got the document back with the UKBA letter. My case still under old rule so i can apply ILR after 2 years spouse visa. I come form fiancee visa before change new rule 20/07/2012
Date Applied/Docs sent: 28/09/2012
Payment deducted:05/10/2012
Date Received Ack. Letter:10/10/2012
Biometric letter: 14/12/2012
Biometrics taken;14/12/2012
Husband passport request: 30/11/2012
Husband passport back: 20/12/2012
Mum death cetificate sent request speed up the process: 05/03/2013
Docs Received: 12/03/13
Biometric: wait.....
well done, glad to see you were accepted on the old rules.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

UKBA Stats as per Skydrive

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:19 pm

Good to see that UKBA are progressing on daily basis... Courtesy Skydrive

Code: Select all

Month                Decisions made
Dec                   13
Jan                   11
Feb                   58
Mar                   26 (As of today)
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

strayaleprechaun
Newly Registered

APPROVED!

Post by strayaleprechaun » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:45 pm

Today we received all our documents and applicant passport back and we have been approved 30 months leave to remain! :) So, so relieved and cannot thank everyone on this forum enough. You made the process bearable (just!).

Here is our final timeline:
Applied: 16 Oct 2012
Rec. Ack. Letter: 29 Oct 2012
Rec. Biometric Letter: 12 Jan 2013
Biometrics Appt: 19 Jan 2013
UKBA requested further docs: 25 Feb 2013
Further docs posted: 6 Mar 2013 (next day del.)
Passport & Docs Rec: 13 Mar 2013
BRP: waiting

I will go and update the Skydrive now.

It seems like UKBA have speeded things up recently and I wish each and everyone of you still waiting all the best and hope that your visas will be returned ASAP.

Best wishes.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

All Skydrives

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:23 pm

Please find below the links for various timelines and the procedure to deal with the spread sheet.

How do I put application timeline on skydrive?

Skydrive for SET(O) 10 Yr Long Residence

Skydrive for FLR(M)

Skydrive for Naturalization

Skydrive for British Passport

1. You need a Skydrive ID (Hotmail/MSN/Existing Email) Click here
2. Click Edit Workbook Menu
3. Select Edit in Excel Web App
4. Just add your details to the bottom of the table
5. Once done Click View and select Reading View.

NB: Do not insert any rows in between as this could affect the graphs to the right. Once you've added your details to the bottom of the table, the table can be sorted by "Application Sent Date" (Column B) Ascending and then by "Passport Returned"(Column G) Ascending.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

sarara
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(m) requirements

Post by sarara » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:42 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
tamilmaran wrote:Please check once again in UKNARIC site, whether they consider Master degreee. If I am right they consider Bachelors degree only.
Yes, you could be right. I am bit naive in this matter as I come from a place where Bachelors degree is evident when someone holds a Masters.

I know an Australian (Shane Warne) was awarded a Doctorate at my University without a Bachelors/Masters
I think you are right - I used my Master degree as didn't have the BA original with me. There was no problem.

coochiefoo98

Post by coochiefoo98 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:12 pm

Hi everyone,

can you guys help me.

I received a letter from them asking for documents. They are asking for at least 5 official sources addressed to both parties either jointly or separately as proof of address.

I will submit water bill, council tax, gas bill, my bank statements.
These are four official sources, can you give me examples of other official sources to I can add a fifth one.

Thanks in advance

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:43 pm

coochiefoo98 wrote:Hi everyone,

can you guys help me.

I received a letter from them asking for documents. They are asking for at least 5 official sources addressed to both parties either jointly or separately as proof of address.

I will submit water bill, council tax, gas bill, my bank statements.
These are four official sources, can you give me examples of other official sources to I can add a fifth one.

Thanks in advance
It is a good idea to include your spouse on bills and keep a paper trail until ILR.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

andrew_walker
Newly Registered

Re: very sad news

Post by andrew_walker » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:56 pm

lekmat01 wrote:@andrew_walker very sad to hear the news about your wife refusal letter,Does your wife has a child for you?Because I came here as a visitor but has a British son for my wife as she was a British citizen but was granted limited leave to remain last month.Can you please tell me your story
Hi lekmat, no we don't have any children. My wife came to study after she graduated from university but didn't meet the English language requirements. So she had to come as a student visa, and took the English exam. We were dating at the time, having met about 5 years ago. We decided to get married in August. We then applied in Sept, but got our refusal letter this week.
Personally, I think it's ridiculous because regardless of what she was before, we are married now. If we had a child it would be a different story.
I don't know about your situation but if your child is a British citizen then I think they probably won't make you leave

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:53 pm

coochiefoo98 wrote:I will submit water bill, council tax, gas bill, my bank statements.These are four official sources, can you give me examples of other official sources to I can add a fifth one.
Hospital Letters, DVLA Docs
FLR(M) wrote:Examples of acceptable items of correspondence

letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA and TV Licensing

letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters

telephone bills or statements

mortgage statements/agreement

bank statements/letters

council tax bills or statements

water rates bills or statements

electricity and/or gas bills or statements

tenancy agreement(s)

building society savings books/letters
Skydrives, Templates

lekmat01
Newly Registered

Post by lekmat01 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:03 pm

@andrew_walker I will implore you to appeal because you still have a strong case since your wife is a student and she came here on student visa...Please if you can get a solicitor to look at your case I think they may reconsider your case that's my own opinion

coochiefoo98

Post by coochiefoo98 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:15 am

thanks to for DieselD, Damanisshallo for replying earlier on.

Does anyone know how much time UKBA gives you to leave the country if you were refused the visa?

Thanks in advance

shendean

Post by shendean » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:09 am

coochiefoo98 wrote:thanks to for DieselD, Damanisshallo for replying earlier on.

Does anyone know how much time UKBA gives you to leave the country if you were refused the visa?

Thanks in advance
they give me 28days to leave the country.

i get refused!
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

babita160
Newly Registered

Post by babita160 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:02 am

how come you have been refused shendean? I have applied for extension too. I am married with a british citizen and we have a son.

coochiefoo98

Post by coochiefoo98 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:06 am

oh sorry shendean that you didn't get your visa application granted. Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind me asking what was the reason for refusing the application.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Handy Tip

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:26 am

Whoever is representing the user "MalikShani" on the Skydrive, please remember to check the table before re-adding your details, as the table is in the order of Date Applied followed by Date Passport Received.

If you are unsure whether you already on the spreadsheet or not, then try using search (shortcut CTRL + F) to see which row your record is, as this is likely to change every time there is a change in status to any fellow members.

I hope this tip is bit handy for most of them.

@coochiefoo98 you can click on shendean name on the Skydrive to read the reason behind his refusal if that helps.
Skydrives, Templates

melbgirl
Newly Registered

Changing jobs while waiting for flr m

Post by melbgirl » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:50 am

My working conditions are unbearable and I really want to leave my place of work. The stress of knowing that I cannot leave is horrible. I know I am very lucky that I can continue working until my visa is granted or refused, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience trying to change jobs while they are waiting for their visa? I just feel so trapped

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Changing jobs while waiting for flr m

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:56 am

melbgirl wrote:The stress of knowing that I cannot leave is horrible
Thats not 100% true.

Reading this post might help you.
Skydrives, Templates

melbgirl
Newly Registered

Post by melbgirl » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:03 pm

Damanisshallo
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:56 am Post subject: Re: Changing jobs while waiting for flr m
melbgirl wrote:
The stress of knowing that I cannot leave is horrible

Thats not 100% true.

Reading this post might help you..
Thank you so much for sharing that information and all the other information on this board! I am going to start applying for jobs now.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

An Update on 10 Yr LR Spouse

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:37 pm

New Update for spouses of 10 Yr LR ILR Applicants.

One of my best friend happen to attend the PEO appointment yesterday at Croydon and has been informed that if the spouse has enough leave to remain after the main applicant got his ILR issued then the Spouse of such applicant need not switch to FLR(M) before applying for SET(M) (As believed earlier) and can rather make SET(M) application directly.

The unfortunate thing is this is just a word of mouth and nothing has been given on paper.

So my advise is for all those who are in similar situation to take both SET(M) & FLR(M) applications along with you and hand in the SET(M) instead. Having said this, you need to have some courage to explain this to the so called qualified CSA/Supervisors to get over the unnecessary FLR(M) saving around £561 or in the worst case £861.

I know some members like Mr Khall may feel like they've been deceived when asked to pay a huge amount of £861. My request for such members is to fight back and see if you can get your money back as you've got nothing to lose.

Tip of the trick is to hand in SET(M) application.
Skydrives, Templates

meemyself&I

Re: An Update on 10 Yr LR Spouse

Post by meemyself&I » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:40 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:New Update for spouses of 10 Yr LR ILR Applicants.

One of my best friend happen to attend the PEO appointment yesterday at Croydon and has been informed that if the spouse has enough leave to remain after the main applicant got his ILR issued then the Spouse of such applicant need not switch to FLR(M) before applying for SET(M) (As believed earlier) and can rather make SET(M) application directly.

Tip of the trick is to hand in SET(M) application.
Thanks for this, does it mean that if you have enough leave, and that leave will take you to the 2 years, you do not need to switch. So in my case if I have more than those years (in mine 9 years), can i write to vary my application again for a second time as a decision has not yet been made on FLR M.

To be honest i really do not see the point of switching to FLR M, and see it as money making.
God's divine child

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: An Update on 10 Yr LR Spouse

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:30 pm

meemyself&I wrote:Thanks for this, does it mean that if you have enough leave, and that leave will take you to the 2 years, you do not need to switch. So in my case if I have more than those years (in mine 9 years), can i write to vary my application again for a second time as a decision has not yet been made on FLR M.

To be honest i really do not see the point of switching to FLR M, and see it as money making.
Technically you should be able to as per the recent news. However, If I were you I wouldn't risk it, as it is already with the UKBA. However, had it been a PEO appointment worst come to worst one will have to pay for both but with postal, there is a risk of refusal which could destroy your world apart. I hope you understand where I am coming from.

I feel these UKBA rules are soo mingin'
Skydrives, Templates

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

hi

Post by mrsabih » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:06 pm

hi guyz here is my fresh updates

visa applied 19th october 2012
bio given 31st december 2012
addiotnal doc request 20 feb 2013
additional doc send back 14/03/2013
waiting for good news....
Do good and get reward

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:03 am

Is this a real worry for PSW & Student dependants.
Statement of change @ Page 12 wrote:To provide that the partner of a Points Based System migrant not on a route to settlement cannot switch into the partner route under Part 8 and amalgamate their leave as a partner under both routes towards the qualifying period for settlement.
Skydrives, Templates