ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Tier 1 (G) is opened again?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abc111
BANNED

Is Tier 1 (G) is opened again?

Post by abc111 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:05 pm

Just to ask if Tier 1 (G) is opened again?

Thanks.

Highly_Skilled

Post by Highly_Skilled » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:10 pm

No, Tier 1 (Gen) remains closed to all new applicants whether inside or outside the UK.

Those already in the UK under Tier 1 can still extend.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:32 am

For the avoidance of doubt, it's is highly unlikely that Tier 1 (General) will reopen again in future, as it has been replaced by other Tier 1 categories.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

aju2012

Post by aju2012 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:58 am

Dont't worry guys, very soon it is going to reopened, thay have to do it if they want to grow UK economy they have to do it, I can see every possibilities just wait and watch.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:23 pm

aju2012 wrote:Dont't worry guys, very soon it is going to reopened, thay have to do it if they want to grow UK economy they have to do it, I can see every possibilities just wait and watch.
No!! There is no case for it to be reopened, the same way as HSMP will never be reinstated again.

Even Labour who started this in the first place has made it pretty clear that they got it wrong on immigration and they won't just open it again. There is absolutely no political will left at the moment for Tier 1 General to return any time soon.

Conservatives made it clear that they want to reduce immigration drastically and they started the cuts in the first place.
Lib Dems have fully agreed with the Tories on the proposed immigration reduction and they are at the moment possibly the only party which could reconsider this, but they are unlike to win an election soon.
Labour just this week jumped on the anti-immigration bandwagon again and Ed Milibland put some ad on TV saying how wrong they got it on immigration and that they have to to stop it.
UKIP is fundamentally against immigration, so no hope there either.

How anyone can say "don't lose hope", it will be opened soon again is crazy.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

aju2012

Post by aju2012 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:15 pm

I agree with my friend about political situation which are mentioned in his reply but economical situation demand more and more investment, more and more competition, UK still not able to recover from recession and still there are chances of falling into double deep recession you can read out lots of articles in news papers. Immigration alone is not responsible factor for current state of UK's economy.

Recent visit of PM to india reveals how desperately they need to revive economy, I agree they can not reopen T1 G again but sure they will
come up with reforms in Immigration law.

For this just watch out for the month of June 2013. This month is very important for immigrants.

Aju