ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed about refusal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

longtime
Newly Registered

Help needed about refusal

Post by longtime » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:13 pm

Hello everyone

My application was refused on 21st of february. I decided to go bak to my country but I still havent recieved my passport back from the home office.
My solicitor told me that I had 28 to leave the country and my time is running out. Will I still be an overstayer even if it is not my fault?
And if I ll be an overstayer does that mean that I will never be able to apply for FLR even from my home country?

Please help me

I came with a 2 year visitor visa which ends on 2014...

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:47 pm

Why did you apply for another visa if you were already allowed to stay until 2014?
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:53 pm

DieselD wrote:Why did you apply for another visa if you were already allowed to stay until 2014?
The OP applied for FLR(M) while in the UK on a visit visa which is valid for two years but does not allow visitors to stay in the UK for more than 6 months out of every 12 month cycle.

Also, I don't think that you can switch from a visitor visa to FLR(M) in the UK anyway. OP should have applied from home country using VAF4

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#803860
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lekmat01
Newly Registered

very sad news

Post by lekmat01 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:29 pm

@longtime sorry do you have a child for your British citizen husband because I have got visitor visa and was granted limited leave to remain last month February 13th because my wife is a British citizen and we had a child as well...