ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

180 days Rules - Confused Please HELP!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

girish

180 days Rules - Confused Please HELP!

Post by girish » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:10 pm

Hi Friends,
I know this question has been coming up repeatedly; but would appreciate if you help me

I have 162 days gap(reverse date back from the application form) in a particular year and stayed in UK for all 5 years in Tier-1 visa. The rest of all years in the 5 year period has been pretty much decent.

1. Am i eligible for applying for ILR
2. Has people secured ILR's with these number of days absences
3. I was told by a solicitor that -
"Although the Immigration Rules have changed stating that an individual can have absences of 180 days per year, you will still be required to provide documentary evidence of all your absences. You will also need to demonstrate that the UK was your main base during your absence." - Is it so?
4. Do i need to provide proof for my absence as i was on Tier-1 Visa all the time?
5. Finally is it possible to put a stick for this kind of scenario as this question has been coming up repeatedly

Thanks
Girish

faisalshah35

Re: 180 days Rules - Confused Please HELP!

Post by faisalshah35 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:06 pm

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:03 pm

girish wrote:3. I was told by a solicitor that -
"Although the Immigration Rules have changed stating that an individual can have absences of 180 days per year, you will still be required to provide documentary evidence of all your absences." - Is it so?
4. Do i need to provide proof for my absence as i was on Tier-1 Visa all the time?
3) This is incorrect.
4) No.
Please see... http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=125765
You may find it useful.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:47 pm

girish wrote:Hi Friends,
I know this question has been coming up repeatedly; but would appreciate if you help me

I have 162 days gap(reverse date back from the application form) in a particular year and stayed in UK for all 5 years in Tier-1 visa. The rest of all years in the 5 year period has been pretty much decent.

1. Am i eligible for applying for ILR - yes
2. Has people secured ILR's with these number of days absences - yes
3. I was told by a solicitor that -
"Although the Immigration Rules have changed stating that an individual can have absences of 180 days per year, you will still be required to provide documentary evidence of all your absences. You will also need to demonstrate that the UK was your main base during your absence." - Is it so? - no
4. Do i need to provide proof for my absence as i was on Tier-1 Visa all the time? - no proof needed as you are on tier 1
5. Finally is it possible to put a stick for this kind of scenario as this question has been coming up repeatedly - the rules are put up there

Thanks
Girish
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:20 pm

It seems as per the latest stand by ukba that you need to show evidence regardless of being on tier1 or not!
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:32 pm

Yes, just as we come to terms with one set of rules, there are changes... The UKBA certainly know how to keep people on their toes, you need to be checking the rules regularly, to make sure you don't miss changes such as these, if applying in the future.

girish, you may find the following topic useful. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=129207

girish

Post by girish » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:59 pm

oooh GOD!! UKBA has gone totally mad !!! :( The new rules are ridiculous....
i would want to fight with them !!!!!!

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:40 pm

girish wrote:oooh GOD!! UKBA has gone totally mad !!! :( The new rules are ridiculous....
i would want to fight with them !!!!!!
All the best mate!
Thanks!