ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application Withdrawn

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Musafir
Newly Registered

Post by Musafir » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:31 am

ILR Applied : Last week of July

It has been almost 7 months now and I have lost my patience, therefore, I have withdrawn my ILR application.

Reasons:

- Had enough of this cold weather (8 months in a year), not able to go out and always locked in either office or home made me sick (felt like a prisoner in my own house).

- Being treated as 3rd class citizen (not by all, but some of the Brits and definitely by UKBA), clearly when I am more qualified, highly skilled I don't need this treatment specially after paying £250k in taxes in the last 5 years.

Wake up Call : Only reason I stayed here because I believe UK is one of the best places in the world to start business. But I realised if making money is the only reason I am here then I can make money in my home country (India) as well.

I am sure many of you might have had similar experiences as above and I am not discouraging anyone, I am just sharing my experiences.

I have sent the Return of Documents (ROD) email a week ago (currently it takes 20 days). Note that when you request for ROD you get an automated email saying your request is in the process and DO NOT BOOK TICKETS UNTIL YOU RECEIVE YOUR DOCUMENTS BACK.

I'll keep you posted about the progress.

Good luck everybody.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:33 am

Good luck musafir. Hope you find the happiness and success that you are seeking in India.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:28 am

Totally understand and respect your decision. Think you have been through the hardest part and it must have been a matter of couple of weeks now. However all the best

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:25 am

whoa! You pulled off nice one...daring and thoughtful move which isn't easy to decide at times. I wish you the very best mate! take care!
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:33 am

Musafir: I completely agree with you on all points and respect your decision.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:54 am

Respect your bold decision.Not many people will do what you have done. All the very best in your future endevours.

Musafir
Newly Registered

Post by Musafir » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:12 pm

Thanks guys for your responses and good luck to you as well.

I have 3 questions

Is there any way to speed up the withdrawal process faster?

The confirmation email says "Please do not submit a repeat request within 20 working days as this will not be actioned", does this mean I have to make a request after 20 working days if the 1st request hasn't been actioned?

Why do they take 20 working days (1 month including working days), all they need to do is just put all my docs in an envelope and post it back to me? Has anyone in the past withdrawn, if yes how long it took?

@Gagan1986: As Crusador0408 mentioned, it's a thoughtful move, I've made this decision after the thought of making money anywhere. To be honest I was making good money here but wasn't happy at all in the last 5 years(due to weather). Having said that I love London in July/Aug when its summer apart from that there is no life here. Now I am so desperate to leave this country it doesn't matter if I get the ILR or not I'll leave.

Gagan1986

Re: ILR Application Withdrawn

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:35 pm

Musafir wrote:Thanks guys for your responses and good luck to you as well.

I have 3 questions

The confirmation email says "Please do not submit a repeat request within 20 working days as this will not be actioned", does this mean I have to make a request after 20 working days if the 1st request hasn't been actioned?

Why do they take 20 working days (1 month including working days), all they need to do is just put all my docs in an envelope and post it back to me? Has anyone in the past withdrawn, if yes how long it took?

@Gagan1986: As Crusador0408 mentioned, it's a thoughtful move, I've made this decision after the thought of making money anywhere. To be honest I was making good money here but wasn't happy at all in the last 5 years(due to weather). Having said that I love London in July/Aug when its summer apart from that there is no life here. Now I am so desperate to leave this country it doesn't matter if I get the ILR or not I'll leave.
Fair enough mate. Totally agree! All the best in your future ventures.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:07 pm

Hi! Musafir, Few of My friends too have gone back home and are doing well. Main reason Weather ( Gets dark by 3 pm) and don't feel like going to work during winter. Don't worry you will be fine.

shendean

Post by shendean » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:20 am

Musafir wrote:Thanks guys for your responses and good luck to you as well.

I have 3 questions

I asked my husbands passport feb14 and i request it twice because i had a mistake on the first one. but my Mps said they returning my husband passports which wondered i didnt tell my MP about my husbands passport.clearly the ukba tells him that they gunna sent it. i contacted my mp to speed up my application but it didnt help. but he knows that husbands passport is returning to us.
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:55 am

Hi Musafir,

Have you received ILR? yet
Nothing is permanent whatever you have enjoy it :-)

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:20 am

faislondon wrote:Hi Musafir,

Have you received ILR? yet
He has withdrawn the application and asked for passport to be returned.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:28 am

Good luck! Be hopey.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:14 am

Musafir wrote:ILR Applied : Last week of July

It has been almost 7 months now and I have lost my patience, therefore, I have withdrawn my ILR application.

Reasons:

- Had enough of this cold weather (8 months in a year), not able to go out and always locked in either office or home made me sick (felt like a prisoner in my own house).

- Being treated as 3rd class citizen (not by all, but some of the Brits and definitely by UKBA), clearly when I am more qualified, highly skilled I don't need this treatment specially after paying £250k in taxes in the last 5 years.

Wake up Call : Only reason I stayed here because I believe UK is one of the best places in the world to start business. But I realised if making money is the only reason I am here then I can make money in my home country (India) as well.

I am sure many of you might have had similar experiences as above and I am not discouraging anyone, I am just sharing my experiences.

I have sent the Return of Documents (ROD) email a week ago (currently it takes 20 days). Note that when you request for ROD you get an automated email saying your request is in the process and DO NOT BOOK TICKETS UNTIL YOU RECEIVE YOUR DOCUMENTS BACK.

I'll keep you posted about the progress.

Good luck everybody.
Can I ask why you did not use the peo or the super service? What you describe above may be somewhat accurate but there are many people who are not lovey in the UK and many ukba are very nice people. Your obviously had some bad experiences which is a shame. However, don't be fooled by thinking that other countries are any better. In fact I would say discrimination in India is an epidemic especially if you are female or poor.

Furthermore, you claim to have Australian citizenship and also wanted Canadian and now British, I'm not sure that you quite know where you want to belong? And you're no longer Indian if you have dual citizenship btw.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:59 am

D4109125 wrote: Can I ask why you did not use the peo or the super service?
OP had single absence more than 90 days

also see ILR Refusal Scenario

Musafir
Newly Registered

Post by Musafir » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:03 am

I received my documents back after 15 days of withdrawal, infact the withdrawal letter was immediately typed after 2 days of my request. Also, at the airport the immigration officer didn't ask a single question about overstay and did make a note saying that I left the country, he was quite polite. When I asked will there be any problem if I come for a visit (having Oz passport), he replied no problems whatsoever. He took the photocopy of the withdrawal letter sent by UKBA.

Here is the shocking news: When I received documents back, my application wasn't even touched by the case worker, all the documents were intact (that was almost 7 months).
-------------
D4109125:
don't be fooled by thinking that other countries are any better
I don't know how many countries you have lived in, but I have lived in 4 countries and trust me all 4 countries except UK, I never had any problem and I am saying this after living for 5.5 years in the UK and as I mentioned not all brits are lovey but only some of them are and definitely UKBA as an organisation, I wasn't pointing out individuals in UKBA.

I'm not sure that you quite know where you want to belong?
I always look for better opportunities and as I said UK is the best place to do business, but weather is big drawback...

In fact I would say discrimination in India is an epidemic especially if you are female or poor.
No country is perfect, you will find problems everywhere, I am saying this based on experience and facts.

you're no longer Indian if you have dual citizenship btw
It doesn't matter in how many countries I live or how many passports I hold, I'LL ALWAYS BE AN INDIAN. I am in India now and enjoying the hot and juicy sunshine... :lol:

good luck chaps.

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:51 pm

Hi Musafir,

I respect your decision. But this is really hard for many of us to decide. I received my ILR in march this year. Planning to take BC but I am really skeptical for giving up Indian nationality. Next year I am planning to move to India for good.

Any suggestions?

loveworld

Post by loveworld » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:20 pm

#### Guys if nobody know then just to let you know####

If you leave UK you can claim Tax back for 3 yrs if you are not coming to UK anymore.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/incometax/tax-leave-uk.htm
=========================

My Advise is only personal view it cannot be taken as substitute of solicitor or any professional .

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:08 pm

Musafir wrote:I received my documents back after 15 days of withdrawal, infact the withdrawal letter was immediately typed after 2 days of my request. Also, at the airport the immigration officer didn't ask a single question about overstay and did make a note saying that I left the country, he was quite polite. When I asked will there be any problem if I come for a visit (having Oz passport), he replied no problems whatsoever. He took the photocopy of the withdrawal letter sent by UKBA.

Here is the shocking news: When I received documents back, my application wasn't even touched by the case worker, all the documents were intact (that was almost 7 months).
-------------
D4109125:
don't be fooled by thinking that other countries are any better
I don't know how many countries you have lived in, but I have lived in 4 countries and trust me all 4 countries except UK, I never had any problem and I am saying this after living for 5.5 years in the UK and as I mentioned not all brits are lovey but only some of them are and definitely UKBA as an organisation, I wasn't pointing out individuals in UKBA.

I'm not sure that you quite know where you want to belong?
I always look for better opportunities and as I said UK is the best place to do business, but weather is big drawback...

In fact I would say discrimination in India is an epidemic especially if you are female or poor.
No country is perfect, you will find problems everywhere, I am saying this based on experience and facts.

you're no longer Indian if you have dual citizenship btw
It doesn't matter in how many countries I live or how many passports I hold, I'LL ALWAYS BE AN INDIAN. I am in India now and enjoying the hot and juicy sunshine... :lol:

and enjoy curry as well!

good luck chaps.

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:54 pm

Does this tax back applies to British National if you are going abroad forever?

loveworld

Post by loveworld » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:51 pm

I think if you give up citizenship but not sure will find out & post it back
=========================

My Advise is only personal view it cannot be taken as substitute of solicitor or any professional .

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi Musafir,

I hope you are getting well in India?