ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not in UK after getting my PSW visa, Can I apply for Tear1

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JNM
Newly Registered

Not in UK after getting my PSW visa, Can I apply for Tear1

Post by JNM » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:13 am

Not in UK after getting my PSW visa, Can I apply for Tear1 (Entrepreneur) visa by investing 25,000GBP from inside UK by forming a genuine entrepreneur team.Can I visit UK on this PSW visa now, which is going to expire on 16th june2013. I seriously want to setup a business in UK.
I have been earlier in UK for about 20days in 2011

Need help & comment on this issue.

Regards
RK
Last edited by JNM on Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:32 am

The capital sum required is 50K. The application has be made inside the UK having completed the necessary steps of establishing a business. You can't visit the UK on a PSW visa; you would have to be entering the UK with the intention to remain within the terms of that leave. So if you do intend to return and make this application, don't say to the admitting officer that it's a visit merely to effect an immigration switch.

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:45 pm

To qualify for PSW's 50K route, one has to be applying from inside the UK.

Secondly, as long as you have PSW visa, you can come here. However, you must only come here with an intention of conditions allowed on your PSW visa. As long as you have even a single day, you are allowed to come here on legal grounds.

However, you will have to come here asap as too many things have to be done before you file your application. Even when you come here, you will have to show that you were maintaining 900GBP for 90 days. Since you are not in the UK, you will have to show 3100GBP for 90 days (if living in UK for less than 1 year)

Another way of applying in Tier 1 is to get sponsor funds from seeding firms based in the UK (where you have to open a company and everything else after getting visa)

sssa
Newly Registered

Re: Not in UK after getting my PSW visa, Can I apply for Tea

Post by sssa » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:33 am

JNM wrote:Not in UK after getting my PSW visa, Can I apply for Tear1 (Entrepreneur) visa by investing 25,000GBP from inside UK by forming a genuine entrepreneur team.Can I visit UK on this PSW visa now, which is going to expire on 16th june2013. I seriously want to setup a business in UK.
I have been earlier in UK for about 20days in 2011

Need help & comment on this issue.

Regards
RK
This may be helpful.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... +cancelled