ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried spouse, who recently applied/ is applying soon?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ann22

Unmarried spouse, who recently applied/ is applying soon?

Post by Ann22 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi guys and girls,
I'm looking to find somebody who recently applied for unmarried partner visa, or maybe who is in the process of getting documents now.

Just thought it would be good to share thoughts and facts what proofs did you /are going to provide as a proof of relationship?
I get how to show that you lived together and traveled together, but how do you proof that you are really in relationship.

I heard from somebody that both parties parents were writing letters in addition to all the documents....

Any thoughts or advices will be much appreciated.
Thank you very much.

PS: if that was discussed already, I would appreciate if you could refer me to the relevant topic..

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:26 pm

The UKBA doesn’t actually require “proof of relationship” for the unmarried partner visa. They require proof of two years cohabitation, which you can satisfy by providing six items of 'official' correspondence (ideally jointly addressed to you and your partner) spread over the two year period. If you don’t have six joint items, you can provide items addressed to each of you individually – in that case you should consider providing more than six items, which is really a minimum requirement.

Many people choose to provide additional information to demonstrate their relationship, but I haven’t seen any information to confirm whether UKBA actually takes this into account in the decision. Personally I would not bother including testimonial letters from family and friends as they are quite easy to fake and therefore likely to be ignored by UKBA.
Last edited by anniecc on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:29 pm

Personally I would not bother including testimonial letters from family and friends as they are quite easy to bad quality and therefore likely to be ignored by UKBA.
Sorry, meant to write "...they are quite easy to fake and therefore likely to be ignored by UKBA"

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:32 pm

This is really weird, but in the last two posts I wrote the word F-A-K-E and it when I posted the comment it appeared as "bad quality".

Ann22

Post by Ann22 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:09 pm

anniecc wrote:This is really weird, but in the last two posts I wrote the word F-A-K-E and it when I posted the comment it appeared as "bad quality".
thank you so much for that
this calms me down a bit :-)
but if we do not have joint bank account, how can we prove that we are not roommates, but partners?
or that we have financial commitments to each other?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:19 pm

anniecc wrote:This is really weird, but in the last two posts I wrote the word F-A-K-E and it when I posted the comment it appeared as "bad quality".
That's because we have a 'word censor' which automatically changes words often used in spam posts. :wink:

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:41 am

but if we do not have joint bank account, how can we prove that we are not roommates, but partners?
or that we have financial commitments to each other?
We didn’t have joint bank accounts either, and were successful in obtaining the unmarried partner visa. Do you have a tenancy or mortgage agreement in both your names, joint utility bills, council tax statement, letters from government agencies or GP?

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:43 am

Casa wrote:
That's because we have a 'word censor' which automatically changes words often used in spam posts. :wink:
Oh thank you, I thought I was going crazy for a minute there.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:46 am

:lol:
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.