ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SOC Code 2132 help!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

panmetrix24
Newly Registered

SOC Code 2132 help!

Post by panmetrix24 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:09 pm

Hi,

I am enquiring for my wife’s Tier 2 application

She is employed with a company which is an A rated Tier 2 Sponsor, she has been employed since Nov 2012 as a Trainee PeopleSoft Technical Analyst.

Now they are planning to apply for her Tier 2, however there is an issue with her SOC

As per her Job description/title the SOC code is 2132 but fits in both roles ‘Analyst Programmer‘ & ‘Programmer‘. However her employer thinks the closest matching title is ‘Analyst Programmer‘ for that her salary needs to be £30k (currently she is on 25k), which they are not ready to increase.
If she applies as a Programmer required salary would be 27.4k, which she could convince them to increase.

So what we would like to know is, how much does it matter if stated SoC code & her actual job description don’t match perfectly?
Can her employer apply with Programmer as a title even though her job role is closer to Analyst Programmer?
What sort of checks a Case Worker would perform to determine her SoC code?

Any reply will be highly appreciated!

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:21 pm

You always need to chose the Code which is most closely related to job description I would advice you to ask employer to give only job description which could closely matches to programmer instead of analyst programmer

skraj
India

Post by skraj » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:44 am

I do agree with jibri, because I had similar problem in SOC 2132 between software engineer and Programmer. My role is close to software engineer but salary is less compared to SOC software engineer salary(30100), so i asked my employer to change my role to programmer(26000).

panmetrix24
Newly Registered

Post by panmetrix24 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:48 pm

thanks for your replies @ jibri & @ skraj...
Would such "manipulation" of SoC codes affect the employers rating? What sort of checks a case worker would perform on SoC codes?

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:57 pm

panmetrix24 wrote:thanks for your replies @ jibri & @ skraj...
Would such "manipulation" of SoC codes affect the employers rating? What sort of checks a case worker would perform on SoC codes?
They don't have enough time to investigate SOC Codes as they process thousands applications.

They see SOC Code in your COS ,compare with the tables in SOC Codes and if it is correct then you are heaven otherwise you are in hell.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II