ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Compassionate Leave Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

azee_cw1
Newly Registered

Compassionate Leave Query

Post by azee_cw1 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:44 am

Hi,

I had to take 42 days compassionate leave (35 unpaid + 7 paid) towards the end of 2012. This was in addition to my usual 4 weeks annual leave which I took in the beginning of 2012. On both occasions, I was out of the country.

Compassionate leave was due to my brother getting critically ill and eventually dying. I have both Hospital and Official death certificates describing illness period and cause etc. I will also be presenting my birth certificate to prove relationship.

Would it be justified with above mentioned proofs?

Seniors! please clarify?

P.S My total absences are still below 180 in 5 years. I am due to apply in May.

Thanks.
Azee

seba

Post by seba » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:06 am

Azee, As long as you have less than 180 days in your 5 years slot. You no need to worry according to the new rules in place.

I guess you no need to prove about your compassionate reason if the absenses are less than 180 in last 12 months.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:13 am

seba wrote:Azee, As long as you have less than 180 days in your 5 years slot. You no need to worry according to the new rules in place.

I guess you no need to prove about your compassionate reason if the absenses are less than 180 in last 12 months.
What is the basis of your statement? According to my understanding, everyone in Tier 1 general category will need such letters, even if they were away for just 1 or 2 days over 5 years.

azee_cw1
Newly Registered

Post by azee_cw1 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:01 am

ukswus wrote: What is the basis of your statement? According to my understanding, everyone in Tier 1 general category will need such letters, even if they were away for just 1 or 2 days over 5 years.
Hi, this is the only leave apart from usual annual leave I have had. So, in the context of new rules, I am trying to ascertain if 42 days will be acceptable in my compassionate leave scenario? In other words, is it too much etc..?

On the other hand, I am clear that every single absence has to be justified.

Thanks

db83

Post by db83 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:40 am

azee_cw1 wrote:
ukswus wrote: What is the basis of your statement? According to my understanding, everyone in Tier 1 general category will need such letters, even if they were away for just 1 or 2 days over 5 years.
Hi, this is the only leave apart from usual annual leave I have had. So, in the context of new rules, I am trying to ascertain if 42 days will be acceptable in my compassionate leave scenario? In other words, is it too much etc..?

On the other hand, I am clear that every single absence has to be justified.

Thanks
I think it should be okay. You need to provide a self explanatory letter and have any evidence to back it.
I'm just trying to help !

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Compassionate Leave Query

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:46 pm

azee_cw1 wrote:Hi,

I had to take 42 days compassionate leave (35 unpaid + 7 paid) towards the end of 2012. This was in addition to my usual 4 weeks annual leave which I took in the beginning of 2012. On both occasions, I was out of the country.

Compassionate leave was due to my brother getting critically ill and eventually dying. I have both Hospital and Official death certificates describing illness period and cause etc. I will also be presenting my birth certificate to prove relationship.

Would it be justified with above mentioned proofs?

Seniors! please clarify?

You have to give a personal letter,Explaining regarding your absence. To back it with your Hospital and Offical death certificates.

P.S My total absences are still below 180 in 5 years. I am due to apply in May.

Thanks.
Azee