ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Lost and Stuck outside UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rubzah
Newly Registered

Passport Lost and Stuck outside UK

Post by rubzah » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:16 am

Hi,

My friend is a Tier 1 General Migrant. She travelled to her home country and lost her bag while travelling in a Taxi. The bag has all the documents e.g passports etc.

Now she has reported that to the Police, and got her new passport. She is now looking on visa4uk website and couldn't find the approprite place or section to apply for. When she select work from the type of application the second option says Tier 1 General. After selecting that it say Tier 1 General Spouse OR Tier 1 General Child. But no option for replacement visa.

If she selects Others, then the option DO come as replacement Vigennete. However it says that original visa should be with you if you apply for this option. Since she has lost her original passport and visa so she cannot provide the original visa document.

The rreplacement BRP is the only option that says that you have to inform BRP team and gave a London Phone number. It also says that you will be issued with a temp entry clearance visa. Once you reach UK apply for a fresh application.

She can't go for this route as well as her visa was not on BRP. So what option does she choose?

Secondly, if she somehow apply for lost BRP and come to UK, will she have to apply for an extension of stay in UK, if so, which form she has to use?
Can she apply for an ILR directly. Just to remind you that her appointment is already booked for the 3rd week of April and her Tier 1 General visa is going to expire in the 2nd week of May.

She is stuck and desperately require your help and assisitance.

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:54 am

You mean to say she had the visa as vignette sticker on her passport?

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:57 am

rubzah
Newly Registered

Post by rubzah » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:16 pm

bubin123 wrote:You mean to say she had the visa as vignette sticker on her passport?
Thanks,

Yes she had that sticker type visa. The link you gave me is the staff guidence. How can I or my friend apply for that. Which form to use and what process to use?

King_tier1

Post by King_tier1 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:37 pm

I came up with similar situvation in India few months ago. Lost my BRP during holiday, so had to submit a single entry visa application at VFS India. Then they stamped a single entry Uk Visa (30 days validity). The whole process expected to be completed in 14 working days but some lazy staff took 30 days. Then I had to re-apply for BRP once I back in UK.

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:40 pm

Your friend need to contact local VFS office or embassy for further assistance.
Most Likely, she will need to pay full fee one more time to get the visa back on her passport.