ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP!: non EU family member - transit visa/EEA family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

floriane
Newly Registered

Post by floriane » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:23 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
floriane wrote:Thanks, but I would rather have the free EEA family permit since my residence permit in the UK is expiring too.
To get a free family permit as the spouse and child of a British citizen resident in Germany you would need to demonstrate that your husband is working or is self-employed in Germany and that you will accompany or join him in the UK.

The permit would be valid for six months.
Yes, he's working in a German company, previously relocated from the UK. Now the problem is that we need to buy another BA ticket for him as well as applying Chinese visa for him if we want to travel together under EEA family permit.

Also, I am unclear if we shall establish any trip to UK in order to get the family permit or stating we transiting through London?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:38 am

See also EUN2.14 Can family members of British citizens qualify for an EEA family permit? ('Surinder Singh' cases).
[url=http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2006/1003/regulation/9/made]Family members of United Kingdom nationals[/url] 9 wrote:(3) Where these Regulations apply to the family member of a United Kingdom national the United Kingdom national shall be treated as holding a valid passport issued by an EEA State for the purpose of the application of regulation 13 to that family member.
EUN2.1 What is an EEA family permit? wrote:If a family member who is travelling with, or is to join the EEA national in the UK requests a visit visa under the Immigration Rules, you should offer him (or her) the option of applying for a family permit under EC law free of charge.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

icexxik

Post by icexxik » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:18 pm

floriane wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
floriane wrote:Thanks, but I would rather have the free EEA family permit since my residence permit in the UK is expiring too.
To get a free family permit as the spouse and child of a British citizen resident in Germany you would need to demonstrate that your husband is working or is self-employed in Germany and that you will accompany or join him in the UK.

Yes, he's working in a German company, previously relocated from the UK. Now the problem is that we need to buy another BA ticket for him as well as applying Chinese visa for him if we want to travel together under EEA family permit.

Also, I am unclear if we shall establish any trip to UK in order to get the family permit or stating we transiting through London?
People always tend to complicate things, don't they ;) If you only need to go to the UK for a short visit, just apply for a UK visa, which is simple to get.

In regards to the nationality of the child: For the child's sake, register him as a British national. Dual nationality is not allowed, but if you be careful and not fly direct, Chinese will never find out. The kid will grow up and thank you.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:57 pm

floriane wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:

I suspect your choices will depend on your timescales. The simplest method might be to apply for a transit visa.

You could apply for a family permit given the circumstances you describe, but it is designed for those accompanying or joining their family member. (Once obtained, the transit without visa waiver kicks-in). So yes, you could apply for one if you planed to visit the UK together at a latter date.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:02 pm

icexxik wrote:In regards to the nationality of the child: For the child's sake, register him as a British national. Dual nationality is not allowed, but if you be careful and not fly direct, Chinese will never find out. The kid will grow up and thank you.
If a parent was British otherwise than by descent when his/her children were born overseas, then the children are automatically British by descent (2(1)(a)).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

floriane
Newly Registered

Post by floriane » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:08 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
floriane wrote:
Yes, they'll be fined for 2k EUR if get caught. I had a bad service as the guy at the airport simply cancelled my ticket. After contacting the customer relations, they promise to reactivate the ticket and move it at a different date.

Would you suggest that I should get a EEA family permit to solve this issue or which kind of German visa is applicable that these airport people will acknowledge it?
Well, this does sound more promising.

To transit the UK on Chinese passports, both you and your baby will need to be properly documented. This will apply to both you leaving Germany and returning from China.

In addition to the information posted by Vinny, you could apply for a UK transit visa see VAF6
It's taking me some time to decide the transit visa option.
Can someone please advise me if the visa will apply for both direction of travel or I have to apply 2 times for a return flight transit through London?

On the application form, it said "On which date do you intend to travel to the UK?" and "On which date do you intend to leave the UK?" I am confused since I only transit 2 times through London and not stay in the UK during this period...

Thank you for advising.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:55 pm

I don't know the answer to your question. You might consider emailing the embassy or their agent to find out.