ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Photo requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

usr_2013

Photo requirement

Post by usr_2013 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:35 pm

Hi,

In regards to the Citizenship application photograph, is there a strict requirement as in the below standard?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ce0409.pdf

Or can I take a photo at home against light green color background and process it online which is cheaper than go to a shop. In the AN guide I cannot see any specific requirement of the photograph and this is why I ask this question.

Thanks in advance

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:03 pm

Why do you want to risk your £851 just to save £5 ..

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:16 pm

Officially you should follow the guidelines. In practice, they are not so strict as IPS (for passport applications).

usr_2013

Post by usr_2013 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:28 pm

destiniation_london wrote:Why do you want to risk your £851 just to save £5 ..
Jambo wrote:Officially you should follow the guidelines. In practice, they are not so strict as IPS (for passport applications).
Dear destiniation_london and Jambo,

Many thanks for your advice. Yep, I do not want to risk £851. I will go to Max Spielmann and take the photographs.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:34 pm

Depends on how good your photographic skills are. I did home photos (printed at a Supermarket) for a total cost of 30P for 2 kids.

I consider myself an old-skool photographer - from the INDU roll days in India.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

usr_2013

Post by usr_2013 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:42 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Depends on how good your photographic skills are. I did home photos (printed at a Supermarket) for a total cost of 30P for 2 kids.

I consider myself an old-skool photographer - from the INDU roll days in India.
Hi wpilr_nov12,

I can take the photograph myself as in the guideline, but I don't have a light grey background. This is why I have to go for a photo shop.

Thanks for your reply.

FunkMaster

Post by FunkMaster » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:47 pm

Just go to a tesco, they have those booths that will do the photo for you. £5 for like 4 or 5 of them!

Much safer to use something that is official!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Photo requirement

Post by Amber » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:50 pm

usr_2013 wrote:Hi,

In regards to the Citizenship application photograph, is there a strict requirement as in the below standard?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ce0409.pdf

Or can I take a photo at home against light green color background and process it online which is cheaper than go to a shop. In the AN guide I cannot see any specific requirement of the photograph and this is why I ask this question.

Thanks in advance
Green backgrounds will not be accepted. The guidance is clear enough.

MB2012
Newly Registered

Photo requirement

Post by MB2012 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:50 pm

Hi,

I have done that many times against a white wall in my house. Used them for my british citizenship application and schengen visa as well and it worked all fine. No one care how the photo looks in Brit citizenship application form as in the letter from home office there are no photos. When u apply for British passport that's where you need a photo which you will be carrying for next 10 years with you.

Take a photo at home against a light background and upload it to idphoto4u.com and size it as per your requirement (there are all types of UK, indian, UK visa format). take it in USB stick to boots and u can print them instantly for 34p (6 PP size snaps) . I have done that and no issues at all.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:27 pm

usr_2013 wrote:Hi wpilr_nov12,

I can take the photograph myself as in the guideline, but I don't have a light grey background. This is why I have to go for a photo shop.

Thanks for your reply.
Don't photo shop - you will make a bad situation worse.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

usr_2013

Post by usr_2013 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:37 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
usr_2013 wrote:Hi wpilr_nov12,

Thanks for your reply.
Don't photo shop - you will make a bad situation worse.
Photo shop - Sorry for confusing.... I mean a shop which takes photos and didn't mean editing through photoshop software

usr_2013

Post by usr_2013 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:41 pm

Many thanks for all of your replies. For safe side, I will go to tesco (or any other supermarket offer photo booth service) and take the photo.

REGISTRATION

Post by REGISTRATION » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:57 pm

If you want to save £5 ( like i always do when its time for any sort of passport size photos for myself mrs kids)

there are couple of websites who provide you full details and convert your photo into passport size (Free of cost) and I always use them. you can take copy print from boots / tesco / asda / jassops ( i use boots as i dont pay but use membership points on my card for photos)

I always used this site ( and it costs me 20P for 4 passport photos - paid in shape of boots membership points)

http://www.epassportphoto.com/Wizard.as ... GB&photo=0

usr_2013

Post by usr_2013 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:47 pm

REGISTRATION wrote:If you want to save £5 ( like i always do when its time for any sort of passport size photos for myself mrs kids)

there are couple of websites who provide you full details and convert your photo into passport size (Free of cost) and I always use them. you can take copy print from boots / tesco / asda / jassops ( i use boots as i dont pay but use membership points on my card for photos)

I always used this site ( and it costs me 20P for 4 passport photos - paid in shape of boots membership points)

http://www.epassportphoto.com/Wizard.as ... GB&photo=0
Thanks REGISTRATION, I have already taken the photos from Tesco photo booth.