ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Required help for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinsha
Newly Registered

Required help for naturalisation

Post by vinsha » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:23 pm

Myself with wife and 2 kids got p.r in feb2012, so due apply for naturasation.
1 My wife indian passport expired in dec 12 and daughter indian passport expire in april12. I didn,t apply for new indian passport because we never gone back india.
someone told me on this forum that i can apply with expired passport.my qus. is what kind of DOCUMENTS i can provide that they were here all the time.
My daughter is in school and my wife is housewive. We are getting benifits in my bank but the latter of benifits show my name and my wife name...
Thanks any help would be appriciated.

vinsha
Newly Registered

Post by vinsha » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:24 pm

Anyone

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Required help for naturalisation

Post by Amber » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:11 pm

vinsha wrote:Myself with wife and 2 kids got p.r in feb2012, so due apply for naturasation.
1 My wife indian passport expired in dec 12 and daughter indian passport expire in april12. I didn,t apply for new indian passport because we never gone back india.
someone told me on this forum that i can apply with expired passport.my qus. is what kind of DOCUMENTS i can provide that they were here all the time.
My daughter is in school and my wife is housewive. We are getting benifits in my bank but the latter of benifits show my name and my wife name...
Thanks any help would be appriciated.
For the school you could always ask for a letter of attendance. However, the ukba system will say when you were out the country. It is not a requirement to have a valid passport.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:43 pm

Valid passport is not a requirement for naturalisation however, you need to meet the residential requirements and stamps in the passport is the easy way to prove that.
for the kid get letter of attendance from the school.
for your wife, as she is not working, i am not sure if you can provide any supporting evidence. Just explain the situation in page 13 (or in additional covering letter).

when are you submitting you application? do you have any absence from the UK since you received ILR in Feb 2012?

vinsha
Newly Registered

Post by vinsha » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:26 pm

Thanks a lot guys for your help..
No i dont have any absent after ILR infact never left the country.
Cant really think any evidence for my wife to be here as she is housewife....
well thanks for advice will explain in page 13 or in covering latter....want to apply before the fee rise.....but not sure have enough time....still form to be filled and appointment to be booked with ncs.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:55 pm

as her passport expired in Dec 12, and you never UK since ILR, so should be fine in my view. just explain nicely and apply as soon as you can.
(for argument's sake, any theoretical absence with a new passport would be within 90/100 days limit).

alex68

Post by alex68 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:47 pm

ban.s wrote:as her passport expired in Dec 12, and you never UK since ILR, so should be fine in my view. just explain nicely and apply as soon as you can.
(for argument's sake, any theoretical absence with a new passport would be within 90/100 days limit).
hi the best thing to do is letter from your GP to confirm that your wife is registered with him and list any appointments in this 12 month's.
wish you and your family all the best.

vinsha
Newly Registered

Post by vinsha » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:34 pm

Thanks a lot everyone, will apply soon threw ncs....hopefully homeoffice recieve my app. before fee rise6 april....

vinsha
Newly Registered

Post by vinsha » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:38 pm

Got ncs appointment on monday 25th march.....