ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Processing Time (Extension Applications ONLY)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:32 pm

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:33 pm

Jabs wrote:Bear in mind of the rules at that time, not now.

His refusal of student visa was a blessing in disguise, however, the immigration rules states your last or current visa must be PSW to apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur and he met this criteria.
Sorry for being ignorant, but still I am unable to understand and figure out that what is the difference in rules now v july 12 for T1E.

Yes, that surely was a blessing in disguise.

buntyz

Post by buntyz » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:36 pm

Got my BRP today
applied on 21st of july
biometrics on 1st of aug.
so after 7 months and 23 days at last not really pleased with the time taken n many plans being ruined so hv to clear d mess UKBA left for me.
Good luck to everyone whoeva is still waiting.

Jabs

Post by Jabs » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:37 pm

Buntyz - rock n'roll and many congratulations.

buntyz

Post by buntyz » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:40 pm

Jabs wrote:Buntyz - rock n'roll and many congratulations.
thanx jabs

Geeth08

buntyz Member

Post by Geeth08 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Congrats mate.just a quick question the funds u showed is your own acc or its 3rd party

Many thanks

buntyz

Re: buntyz Member

Post by buntyz » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:54 pm

Geeth08 wrote:Congrats mate.just a quick question the funds u showed is your own acc or its 3rd party

Many thanks
All funds in my own account 165k in UK bank account and remainin 40k in indian bank account.when i applied exchange rate ws very high so i didnt tranfer rest of d money to UK.

Geeth08

Post by Geeth08 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:02 pm

Thanks mate congrats again.

Dasistfact

Post by Dasistfact » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:30 pm

First of all I want to thank this forum, as it was the only reliable place to track processing times.

Almost 7 month wait is over.
PSW->T1(E) with 50K
Date application posted: 21 aug 2012
Date application received at UKBA: 22 aug 2012
Date payment debited: in about 3-4 days after application
Acknowledgement letter received: last days of August
Biometric letter received and enrolled: 31 August or 1 September
Date of approval: 10 March 2013
Date of return of passport and other documents: 14 March 2013

Submitted standard set of documents, including marketing material and contract together with invoice and business bank account statement. All the funds were kept and maintained in the UK till present moment.

They didn't ask any additional documents. Not sure if any verifications were made, but it seems that they weren't.

Good luck everyone hope to see you all here in 3 years time))). It seems that UKBA are fully packed with applications and have no more space to store our documents, so they finally decided to process them.

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:47 pm

His refusal of student visa was a blessing in disguise, however, the immigration rules state your last (in his case this applied) or current visa must be PSW to apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur and he met this criteria.

There was no luck in this matter, he simply met the requirements.

The anecdote is for those who may benefit from the experience but there is no value discussing what's acceptable or not. The UKBA rules are very clear about the pre-requisites.
That's good. I remember you contacted me after your mate's Tier 4 refusal and we discussed this option.
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.

Jabs

Post by Jabs » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:28 pm

tuliprose wrote:

His refusal of student visa was a blessing in disguise, however, the immigration rules state your last (in his case this applied) or current visa must be PSW to apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur and he met this criteria.

There was no luck in this matter, he simply met the requirements.

The anecdote is for those who may benefit from the experience but there is no value discussing what's acceptable or not. The UKBA rules are very clear about the pre-requisites.
That's good. I remember you contacted me after your mate's Tier 4 refusal and we discussed this option.
Tuliprose, of course, credit goes to you, too, for helping out with solid advice.

bipsan

working in UK with acknowledgement slip??

Post by bipsan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:51 pm

Dear S. Metha and other members...

I had an query about my friend, who applied for Entrepreneur visa form PSW status on his last day of visa 28 Feb.2013

My friend is working in Tesco and employer asked him to bring proof of visa extension, so he did provided them acknowledgement slip which shows app. sent on last day off visa.

Now employer made double check of his visa acknowledgment and UKBA replied them saying that by the time they received visa file his visa was expired so now he cant work on his visa.

what should he do? Needhelp

rizwan567 wrote:
Jabs wrote: He enrolled on the course (April Start Date) and started studying but in Jul 2012 his Student visa was refused for minor anomalies. The University was very considerate and refunded all his course fees. So in Aug 2012 he applied for his Entrepreneur Visa.

I wish all the best to the ones who are still awaiting for a decision.

Thats surprising and so lucky, the applicant had PSW expired in March 12. Before expiry he applied for extension under student visa which was refused in July 12. In Aug 2012 he applied for T1E and got it on the basis of PSW visa which was expired in March 12!!!

Does immigraiton rules allow this?? OR his application is approved under compassionate reasons?

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sky_rise » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:10 pm

Jabs wrote:Phew! I am pleased to say my mate got his visa today after six months of waiting.

In-country application was for himself and two dependants. It was a transition from PSW so the £50K route.

Application Timeline:

Applied 28th Aug 2012
Bio given 4th Sep 2012
Received BRP received today, 14th Mar 2013.

Documents submitted:
Company Docs for an IT company supplying SW and HW services
Job description of his role as Senior Systems Developer
Bank statement for personal account with investment and maintenance funds adding to £60K
Supplier-Client contract
Order Form (Purchase Order)
Some in-house printed leaflets with pricing
In-house printed Business Cards

Interim activity: None at all, no contact was made with clients.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck and Best Wishes.
thank you for posting this.

when we say supplier-client contract, does it mean that it was a supplier TO you friend's business? i.e. you friend was a buyer for the good/service?
was the order form for this supply?

im just trying to figure out if they accept my contract that i get from the supplier to my business.

thank again

Jabs

Post by Jabs » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:24 pm

sky_rise wrote:
Jabs wrote:Phew! I am pleased to say my mate got his visa today after six months of waiting.

In-country application was for himself and two dependants. It was a transition from PSW so the £50K route.

Application Timeline:

Applied 28th Aug 2012
Bio given 4th Sep 2012

Documents submitted:
Bank statement for personal account with investment and maintenance funds adding to £60K
Supplier-Client contract

I hope this helps.

when we say supplier-client contract, does it mean that it was a supplier TO you friend's business? i.e. you friend was a buyer for the good/service?

im just trying to figure out if they accept my contract that i get from the supplier to my business.

thank again
The supplier-client contract is a set of terms agreed between his company and clients i.e End User Services. The order form is a time saver with some clients (mainly small enterprises) where a deal can be closed quickly by acquiring the clients signature, and no need for the client to raise a purchase order.

I hope this helps.

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sky_rise » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:04 am

Jabs wrote:
sky_rise wrote:

Application Timeline:

Applied 28th Aug 2012
Bio given 4th Sep 2012

Documents submitted:
Supplier-Client contract

I hope this helps.

thank again
The supplier-client contract is a set of terms agreed between his company and clients i.e End User Services. The order form is a time saver with some clients (mainly small enterprises) where a deal can be closed quickly by acquiring the clients signature, and no need for the client to raise a purchase order.

I hope this helps.
cheers. does it imply that you cannot show contract that you get supplier for your company to run your service to others?

shahin12

Post by shahin12 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:18 am

Hi every one !!!!
Could you please tell me anyone when I can give a update to this forum like this...................... !!!!!
APPLICATION MADE:05/12/12
BIO GIVEN :19/12/12
DECISION :--/-- /2013,2014,2015
?????????/

PLEASE PRAY FOR ME.
Still " I wish I could " :!:
DONT TAKE IT OTHERWISE GUYS ,FEELING VERY UPSET!!!
Last edited by shahin12 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sug

Did u get ur visa

Post by Sug » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:21 am

So when did u get your visa
Hi

shahin12

Re: Did u get ur visa

Post by shahin12 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:27 am

Sug wrote:So when did u get your visa
YOU misunderstood me ,its my dream to give an update on this forum ! but still i wasn't.I wish I will.

shahin12

Re: Did u get ur visa

Post by shahin12 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:30 am

Sug wrote:So when did u get your visa
I didn't receive anything from HO .Waiting for their decision .

Tazz

Visa refusal

Post by Tazz » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:49 am

Hi
My friend just told me that he get refusal of his visa as he applied
Applied in Sep 2012
Refusal March 10th
PSW route 50K
Funds Third Party UK
Funds held in bank throughout
Reason he did not submit the (BANK LETTER) saying that money is available for you....
No Appeal right cuz he still got leave to remain

Geeth08

Post by Geeth08 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:44 pm

Applied nov 2012
Bio toady.........

dancingguy05

Post by dancingguy05 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:36 pm

Geeth08 wrote:Applied nov 2012
Bio toady.........
Sorry could u please repeat
U mean u got bio metrics day for nov 2012 application?

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Geeth08 wrote:Applied nov 2012
Bio toady.........
Applicant's previous posts suggest that he received biomatric invitation letter today not visa approval.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Re: Visa refusal

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:56 pm

Tazz wrote:Hi
My friend just told me that he get refusal of his visa as he applied
Applied in Sep 2012
Refusal March 10th
PSW route 50K
Funds Third Party UK
Funds held in bank throughout
Reason he did not submit the (BANK LETTER) saying that money is available for you....
No Appeal right cuz he still got leave to remain
I wonder why UKBA is asking for letters from investment funds already held in UK. If you see page question G4 of 22 of T1E application form:

G4. You must provide evidence of the amount of money available to invest. This will be one of the following documents (please confirm how many of each document has been supplied, or put a cross in the box for any document that has not been supplied).

Number of documents

For funds held overseas: A letter from each financial institution holding your funds confirming the amount of money held in that that institution; confirming that it is regulated by the home regulator and that the money is disposable in the UK.

For funds held in the UK only: A letter from each financial institution olding funds confirming the amount of money held in that that institution;
or
For funds held in the UK only: Original bank statement.

Logically, letter from overseas banks are only required to claim 25 points to show that funds are held in a regulated financial institution and letter is required to claim another 25 points to confirm that funds are transferable to the UK but if UK bank statement is provided then these two requirements are automatically met and therefore letter is not required at all.

Your friend case is wrongly refused wrong and decision can be challenged.

Geeth08

Post by Geeth08 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:22 pm

Yes mate applied nov got biometric today