ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minor OCI Application - Affidavit

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dbtech83
Newly Registered

Minor OCI Application - Affidavit

Post by dbtech83 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:25 pm

Hello,

My son born in UK just 2 months before our Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) which makes him NOT a British Citizen by Birth. After ILR, I’d straight away registered/naturalised him as British Citizen and took British passport without registering him as Indian or took any Indian Passport.

Me and my son about to apply OCI in London (in person) and would like to confirm whether do I need to have joint affidavit notarised for my son of NON-Acquisition of Indian Nationality OR an affidavit is not required for my son.

Thanks in Advance

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Yes Affidavit required

Post by Mauser1905 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:05 am

Whether or NOT minor had Indian citizenship or passport, you still are required to submit a affidavit for a minor for non- acquisition of Indian nationality. And a joint affidavit if both parents are responsible for minor.

If you search this section of the forum you will find template for joint affidavit as well.

Good luck.

dbtech83
Newly Registered

Post by dbtech83 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:55 pm

Email reply sent by OCI team of London yesterday that Affidavit is not required and applied OCI today which they didn't asked me any Affidavit.

I guess it all depend on location, it might be compulsory in Scotland but may not be required in London (strange :? )... Well good for me.. saved £70..