ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Spouse Visa Status legally

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kismet
Newly Registered

Dependent Spouse Visa Status legally

Post by kismet » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:13 pm

My spouse and me both have Visited Uk to geather on HSMP Visa i am first applicant and have lived their for 2 month and hunted for job search but we could not got a job but now my spouse got a job and Now we both is out of UKcountry my spouse is holding dependent visa Entrey Clearance she Wish to Travel alone can she enter in to Uk legally? and can she do a job without me if i do not want to travel with her at a same time or if i join her after 1month in to UK what will be legal position can dependent spouse do a job or travel alone and can do job legally without a presence of a main applicant HSMP visa holder?in to a country please reply your guide line
Thanks
Last edited by kismet on Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:30 am

Kismet
I believe that with the new entry clearance (over 1 year old) the dependants can enter the UK independently. Your wife can take a job even though you have not done so yet. However, at the end of the first year of the HSMP visa, your (both you and your wife's) visa will be based on how successful you have been in finding a job.
Joseph