ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA PEO Glasgow - Cancelled my appointment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

satteshk
Newly Registered

UKBA PEO Glasgow - Cancelled my appointment

Post by satteshk » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:30 pm

I have my Glasglow appointment on 20th March 2013 - HSMP/Tier 1- SET O. Today UKBA rep called me from Glasgow Office and said they have technical issue and upgrades on 20th, hence even if you visit they cannot give decision on same day, hence they have cancelled my appointment and have sent email to me. However they did provide me an alternate appointment after 1 week.

Worst is, I'm travelling all the way with family from London. Now need to re-book my flights, pay more and change hotel check-in.

Is there no rule where UKBA should compensate us?

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:00 pm

Nope. At least not to my knowledge
Regards

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:39 pm

oh ok..I have my appointment on 19 MArch 2013 but I have not received any calls liike this..I might have to book my appointment after 24th march...

i wish we could swap our appointments...i dont think thats possible..

Kunal

satteshk
Newly Registered

Reason for Cancellation

Post by satteshk » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:10 pm

On 20th March 2013 - UKBA was on Industrial action, hence they had called all applicants which were visiting them on 20th and cancelled their appointments but did assist with alternate date. I only came to know this after it was published on UKBA website.

Thanks