ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:03 pm

CitationCj2 wrote: Dont worry, there will be another batch of invitations coming shortly.
I believe the backlog they have will be cleared very soon.
Yes, the backlog is nearly cleared. As I predicted, people applying from late 2013/ early 2014 will have the most luck as backlog would have been cleared by then.

People that applied 2012 and 2013 still have very good luck as their applications take shorter to process than years before
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

elkocelo
Newly Registered

Lost my GNIB card and got naturalisation approval

Post by elkocelo » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:56 am

I got my approval a week ago, but lost my GNIB card on my way back to work two days later.
I've reported the lost to the Police.
Would I need to pay to renew my GNIB card? Or can I just send the fees with the Declaration for lost from the Police?
Please help as I need to be in the next ceremony.

Thanks in advance

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: Lost my GNIB card and got naturalisation approval

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:16 am

elkocelo wrote:I got my approval a week ago, but lost my GNIB card on my way back to work two days later.
Would I need to pay to renew my GNIB card? Or can I just send the fees with the Declaration for lost from the Police?

Thanks in advance
I'd suggest you send the fee, copy of your GNIB card and the declaration for lost from the gardai. If INIS want more than that, they'll be in contact with you.

Also give INIS a ring and ask them to confirm the receipt of your documents after you've sent them.

elkocelo
Newly Registered

Re: Lost my GNIB card and got naturalisation approval

Post by elkocelo » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:09 am

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
elkocelo wrote:I got my approval a week ago, but lost my GNIB card on my way back to work two days later.

Thanks in advance
I'd suggest you send the fee, copy of your GNIB card and the declaration for lost from the gardai. If INIS want more than that, they'll be in contact with you.

Also give INIS a ring and ask them to confirm the receipt of your documents after you've sent them.
May Thanks IntegratedMigrant.
I will follow your advice.

Regards

kira83
Newly Registered

Post by kira83 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:26 pm

Hello all,
my partner has applied for irish naturalisation 8 month ago (at the end of July 2012). He has also applied for an GNIB Stamp 4 EU Family Card last year which he had been approved in November 2012.
The first letter he got on the 22. August 2012
The second letter, still from the initial processing team saying "your application has now been proceeded successfully to the second stage ... your case will be submitted to the minister for decision as soon as our enquiries are complete ... etc. recieved on the 2. October 2012.
The third letter came on the 25. October 2012 from the processing team.

Do you think it will take much longer? Is it not already positiv that he had been approved the EU Family Card?
Do you think emailing them will have a negativ effect or delaying the processing even more?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:08 pm

kira83 wrote:The third letter came on the 25. October 2012 from the processing team.
What was written on the third letter?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:09 pm

kira83 wrote:Do you think it will take much longer? Is it not already positiv that he had been approved the EU Family Card?
If his case is straight forward enough, he should be expecting a decision to be made on his application between now and 5 months time.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:12 pm

kira83 wrote:Do you think emailing them will have a negativ effect or delaying the processing even more?
Emailing them once every month about an update of his application will have no negative effect whatsoever. I encourage him to do so.

He could also ring them once every month or two but like I said, if he has never had any offenses or any discrepancies in his application, a decision will be made on his case soon.

eternitate1903

Post by eternitate1903 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:53 am

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
kira83 wrote:Do you think emailing them will have a negativ effect or delaying the processing even more?
Emailing them once every month about an update of his application will have no negative effect whatsoever. I encourage him to do so.

He could also ring them once every month or two but like I said, if he has never had any offenses or any discrepancies in his application, a decision will be made on his case soon.

What's the address to which you send your new address and marriage certification for naturalization process?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:22 pm

eternitate1903 wrote:What's the address to which you send your new address and marriage certification for naturalization process?
Citizenship Division
Department of Justice and Equality Office
Rosanna Road
Tipperary Town

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=129320

moro1

Post by moro1 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:49 pm

The immigration is relatively new to Ireland,hopefully in the coming years we will see Irish citizens from immigrant background either first or second generation who will be active in lobbying and defending the interest of this portion of the soceity. The INIS wouldn't afforded this amount of ignorance.. Still The new minister of justice could only be thanked for his efforts but the whole INIS system structure and attitude should be reconsidered not just the citizenship division. Hopefully we all hear some good news soon as this backlog should be done with as soon as possible! The mental and emotional stress caused is just unbearable! This is people lives future stability and socisl security we are speaking about here ..

eternitate1903

Post by eternitate1903 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:19 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
eternitate1903 wrote:What's the address to which you send your new address and marriage certification for naturalization process?
Citizenship Division
Department of Justice and Equality Office
Rosanna Road
Tipperary Town

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=129320
Thanks IntegratedImmigrant

Do you need a proof of address when sending mail for address change? Or you just send them a regular mail telling that your address changed without proof? (without utility bill or contract etc..)?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:56 pm

eternitate1903 wrote:Do you need a proof of address when sending mail for address change? Or you just send them a regular mail telling that your address changed without proof? (without utility bill or contract etc..)?
Normally you simply email them about the change of your address.

When your application is on queue to be decided, they may ask you to send in some proof of your new address. If you have proofs of your new address, it is also good to send them now just to avoid any future contact in relation to that.

kira83
Newly Registered

Post by kira83 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:34 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
kira83 wrote:The third letter came on the 25. October 2012 from the processing team.
What was written on the third letter?
The third letter only acknowledged the letter my partner has written to them, because he started a new job.

I hope his case is not to complex. He doesnt have a criminal record and we have 2 children born here. One of them has an irish passport.
The only thing is, when he came into the country 13 years ago he layed about where he really came from and lived here under a different nationality. But he has sorted that out a couple of years ago and they have accepted it. The EU Family Stamp 4 GNIB card he has is issued with his true nationality (he had submitted birthcert and Passport).

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:52 pm

kira83 wrote:The third letter only acknowledged the letter my partner has written to them, because he started a new job.

I hope his case is not to complex. He doesnt have a criminal record and we have 2 children born here. One of them has an irish passport.
The only thing is, when he came into the country 13 years ago he layed about where he really came from and lived here under a different nationality. But he has sorted that out a couple of years ago and they have accepted it. The EU Family Stamp 4 GNIB card he has is issued with his true nationality (he had submitted birthcert and Passport).
Well his application is only 8 months old and you should be expecting a decision from 10 months. Wait for 3 more months, ask INIS the status of his application and update me about it. His application will either be at an advanced stage or final stage in 3 months time presumably.

waitingirish
Newly Registered

Post by waitingirish » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:49 am

Did anyone ring up INIS today. Anymore approvals on the way.

kira83
Newly Registered

Post by kira83 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:04 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote: Well his application is only 8 months old and you should be expecting a decision from 10 months. Wait for 3 more months, ask INIS the status of his application and update me about it. His application will either be at an advanced stage or final stage in 3 months time presumably.
It seems he is since October last year in the second stage. The answer we got to the email says Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing
whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be
submitted to the Minster for decision as expeditiously as possible.
We know someone who got the approval within 6 month of application and thought we will be one of the lucky one too, but it doesnt look like.

biggerjosh

Post by biggerjosh » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:50 pm

It seems he is since October last year in the second stage. The answer we got to the email says Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing
whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be
submitted to the Minster for decision as expeditiously as possible.
We know someone who got the approval within 6 month of application and thought we will be one of the lucky one too, but it doesnt look like.[/quote]

Don't worry you will probably be in the next or next to next cermony, the reply u get is the standard reply which everyone gets except for a few lucky ones.My friend also got the same reply and then he got the approval letter couple of weeks b4.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:31 pm

The waiting game continues for citizenship applicants

waitingirish
Newly Registered

Post by waitingirish » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:19 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:The waiting game continues for citizenship applicants
Please, its not a game . People's future ambitions are at stake. Please dont act to be a problem solver when u can't understand their emotions.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:31 pm

waitingirish wrote:Please, its not a game . People's future ambitions are at stake. Please dont act to be a problem solver when u can't understand their emotions.
Seems like you dont understand my comment! I was referring to INIS and their delay not the citizenship applicants! (It is a sarcastic way of saying that INIS are too slow, while citizenship applicants wait). I hate when people started saying what they have no clue about.

You could have asked me to re-phrase if you don't understand, rather than making silly comment.

biggerjosh

Post by biggerjosh » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:05 pm

waitingirish wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:The waiting game continues for citizenship applicants
Please, its not a game . People's future ambitions are at stake. Please dont act to be a problem solver when u can't understand their emotions.
Yes its the future ambitions and so many other things attached as well but sometimes it just feel like a game where u r always waiting u see.

dub007

Short Email Response??

Post by dub007 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:02 pm

Your application is currently being processed & will be submitted to the
Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.

Anyone can explain???

kira83
Newly Registered

Post by kira83 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:57 pm

We got the same email replay, dub007. Just check my post a little up on the same page. It means that you are in second stage. We are in that stage since October last year ...

dub007

Post by dub007 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:52 pm

kira83 wrote:We got the same email replay, dub007. Just check my post a little up on the same page. It means that you are in second stage. We are in that stage since October last year ...
Thanks Kira so thats mean most of the people are in same boat.... Hope and pray for the best.