ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EU spouse of an EU citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DanielL
Newly Registered

Non-EU spouse of an EU citizen

Post by DanielL » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:58 pm

Hello

Yes we finally done it, since 17.02.2013 we are officially married.

Now there is a problem with bringing her here to Ireland.

I'm originally from Poland, I live and work in Ireland since 2006, thanks to the suggestions of people before I got marriage I apply successfully for "EU2 Form Permanent Residence Certificate", people have been telling me that this will make things easier for me and my wife Visa. My wife is from Philippines.

We still wait for marriage certificate from Philippines after she will receive it, she will send it to me, because I need to certify this in Polish Embassy here in Dublin.

The question is what do to next?? How to start this whole process of Visa application??

Will she need to go to the Irish embassy in Philippines with all the documentation? Or I in her behalf I can go and apply for Visa here in Ireland?

There is also online Visa application site but I'm not sure about this way of applying.

Also I'm afraid o the potential complications, especially I'm talking here about my income, I'm still recovering from the recession. I was never unemployed but my weekly hours were cut by half, so my income is not very high, can this be issue when applying for Visa?

I will really grateful for any advice.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:51 am

As long as your work is genuine and effective you will be considered to be a worker.

It may be the case that you have achieved permanent residence already. If this is the case, there would be no conditions on your stay.

Your wife would apply for a visa at the nearest consulate having provided evidence that you are married and that you are moving to Ireland together.

DanielL
Newly Registered

Post by DanielL » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:23 am

Yes I do held Permanent Residence (EU 2 Form I was waiting only 3 months for that, I was really surprise how quickly they work).

Question number 2 there is no embassy of Ireland in Philippines there is only Consulate, are they accepting Visa applications?

If you are the non EEA spouse or the child (under 21 years) of an EU Citizen or the child of the non EEA spouse and wish to JOIN the EU Citizen who is already in Ireland you should fully complete the online application form, and submit your signed summary application form, and photographs

In addition the following documents are required:
• Your passport
• Copy of the bio page of your spouse’s passport
• Marriage Certificate – evidence (apostilled document) that marriage has been registered in applicant’s country of origin/residence
• Birth Certificate (long form) for children under 21 years, parental consent where appropriate, national Identity card (signed if required)
• Evidence that the EU Citizen spouse is lawfully in Ireland

Will that help if before we apply for Visa she will change her passport with the new surname? And " Evidence that the EU Citizen spouse is lawfully in Ireland" I can just show the " Permanent Residence Certificate"

It says there to apply online? What will better and quicker? Online or going directly to embassy or consulate? And how long can this take?

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights
Form EU1 For non-EEA national who is the family member of an EU citizen.
This should be filled when she will be already here? And is anyone familiar with this?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:24 pm

As you have PR, you don't need to demonstrate that you are a worker. This evidence would be good enough.

I suggest you contact the consulate and get the precise procedure for your application. While the form may be on-line, your spouse will need to submit her passport to a physical location along with her other documents.