ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Granted After Expire Date Help Needed!!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bilalmickey
Newly Registered

Visa Granted After Expire Date Help Needed!!

Post by bilalmickey » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:27 pm

I applied for my visa extension in october,that is when my visa was running out.The course ending date on my CAS was 28th of December 2012.I have been waiting for for
my visa all this while and finally received it on the 14th of February 2013 and the expiry date stated on it was the 4th of January 2013.At the time I received my
visa,it had already expired.I tried contacting the UKBA and they asked me to write to the case worker.I have been writing to him for the last month almost every week
but have not heard from him.I even went to the home office in croydon and they too asked me to write to the case worker.No university is willing to admit me or give
me a CAS because I dont have a vaild visa and if I go to my home country in this situation,the authorities would treat me as an overstayer and probably file a case
against me.I have been really stressed all this while and don't know what to do.
Please Help

Deviser

Re: Visa Granted After Expire Date Help Needed!!

Post by Deviser » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:41 am

bilalmickey wrote: I applied for my visa extension in october,that is when my visa was running out.The course ending date on my CAS was 28th of December 2012.I have been waiting for for
my visa all this while and finally received it on the 14th of February 2013 and the expiry date stated on it was the 4th of January 2013.At the time I received my
visa,it had already expired.I tried contacting the UKBA and they asked me to write to the case worker.I have been writing to him for the last month almost every week
but have not heard from him.I even went to the home office in croydon and they too asked me to write to the case worker.No university is willing to admit me or give
me a CAS because I dont have a vaild visa and if I go to my home country in this situation,the authorities would treat me as an overstayer and probably file a case
against me.I have been really stressed all this while and don't know what to do.
Please Help
I think Case Work provide you visa according to rules (i.e. course end date + 1 week) as you applied visa just for 2-3 months. If your CAS is saying your course ending date is 28th Dec 2012, so what you were expecting how long visa you should have been provided by UKBA?

You should have been prepared to leave UK accordingly as you were aware that your course end date on CAS was 28th Dec, 2012 and a student cannot stay in UK after course end. If you left UK immediately after receving your documents, situation could be under your control, as you have all documents as proof with you (i.e. you got your documents late from UKBA and its not your fault.)

Now, as per my opinion..
No college or university will issue you CAS as you don't have visa.
No case worker can issue you visa as you don't have CAS.

I think you should leave UK immediately and apply from out-side UK after a year or take a legal advice from a good immigration lawyer. Beware you are totally illegal in UK at the moment and if catched by UKBA, can be deported with 10 years ban.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:16 pm

What is the issue date of the visa? Its important if your section 3c leave lasts longer than the visa expiry date. I am not sure what you hope to achieve by contacting the caseworker. What can he do for you? It might be better to keep trying to get in touch with the case worker at the same time make arrangements for going home and applying from there. If you overstay 90 days you will be banned for a year. That will be even moee disrruptive to your education.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:05 pm

Normally a tier 4 student gets the visa with little extra time from the actual length of course which in your case they are technically right. However, sending a BRP with expired visa is totally giving no sense at all.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS