ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application concerns

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ronarongp
Newly Registered

Post by ronarongp » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:32 am

I will be submitting my application for naturalisation next week. I have all documents ready but few things that really concerning me.

- I'm not currently employed but studying part-time adult course and on ESA, which I don't pay income tax.

- I was bankrupted once and already discharged in 2006, Do I need to inform them?

- I was convicted to court regarding to driving with invalid licence, around 2004-2005.

- My credit history is very poor.

Should I be concerned about these issues above issues? Will they check current income tax year or generally If I have been paid tax at all? As I was employed last 1.5 year ago then.

Thank you very much in advance. :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation application concerns

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

ronarongp wrote:I will be submitting my application for naturalisation next week. I have all documents ready but few things that really concerning me.

- I'm not currently employed but studying part-time adult course and on ESA, which I don't pay income tax. - Employment is not a requirement for naturalisation

- I was bankrupted once and already discharged in 2006, Do I need to inform them? Yes, you need to mention this

- I was convicted to court regarding to driving with invalid licence, around 2004-2005. Yes, you need to mention this

- My credit history is very poor. Not an issue

Should I be concerned about these issues above issues? Will they check current income tax year or generally If I have been paid tax at all? As I was employed last 1.5 year ago then. Your main issue is your previous bankruptcy as this is generally grounds for refusal on the Good Character requirement but not 100% sure how it will affect your application as its a few years ago - gurus can confirm. Probably your conviction will be of concern too.

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:18 am

ronarongp wrote:I will be submitting my application for naturalisation next week. I have all documents ready but few things that really concerning me.

- I'm not currently employed but studying part-time adult course and on ESA, which I don't pay income tax.

- I was bankrupted once and already discharged in 2006, Do I need to inform them?

- I was convicted to court regarding to driving with invalid licence, around 2004-2005.

Should I be concerned about these issues above issues? Will they check current income tax year or generally If I have been paid tax at all? As I was employed last 1.5 year ago then.

The bankruptcy is the main issue. However, as it is discharged you should be ok.

trs2011
- thin ice -

Post by trs2011 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:11 pm

You have to declare the bankruptcy but it has been discharged so most likely they won't pay much attention to that . Don't worry about the credit history , i had a terrible one but it was a straight approval .

ronarongp
Newly Registered

Post by ronarongp » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:01 pm

Thank you very much for the replies. I'm going to sound a bit tricky as there is no sections in the application form (AN) regarding to bankruptcy. Can I not mention it at all? Anyone has some experience about this please? Thanks.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:39 pm

have you read the AN guide - section 3.8 - 3.9 page 9?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:44 pm

also after you submit your application, expect a letter from UKBA requesting additional details on your bankruptcy. once you submit necessary information UKBA will review and assess your file before they take any decision.

ronarongp
Newly Registered

Post by ronarongp » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:13 am

Thank you so much for your reply.

I just have actually. What is/does civil judgement include? Does it mean that creditors were putting court orders against me?

What if I gave inaccurate information by mistake. Will they turn down my application straightaway?

Sorry i just wanted to make sure I've put down all relevant informations.

Thank you very much.