ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 to Tier-2

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

settlehere
Newly Registered

Tier-1 to Tier-2

Post by settlehere » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:08 pm

Is it possible to move from Tier-1 to tier 2?
If one doest meet the salary requirements for Tier-1 extension hence not being eligible for Tier1 extension but if can find a sponsor for Tier-2 do HO do it.

I personally dont see any issues in terms of requirements but anyone who has faced this situation can share their experiences, will be great!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:13 pm

It is permitted to switch. Whether you can find a sponsor and make a switch under the current requirements is not something that can be answered as we know nothing about you.

settlehere
Newly Registered

Post by settlehere » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:29 pm

Lucapooka wrote:It is permitted to switch. Whether you can find a sponsor and make a switch under the current requirements is not something that can be answered as we know nothing about you.
Thanks not for me, I have an ILR application next week.

For my friend, he was freelancing and was out of contract for most period of this year unfortunately and isnt hitting 45k he is supposed to.
(been in UK for 2 years, I think!)

He was thinking of taking employment with one of the contract agencies he uses to get IT contracts, obviously at a lower rate but if it meets sponsorship requirements.

I will direct him to the Tier-2 boards.
thanks!