ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite leave to remain 5 year time question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

funkyr
Newly Registered

Indefinite leave to remain 5 year time question

Post by funkyr » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:42 pm

Hi all,

Looking into the future I have a question.

My visa original visa started on 1 July 2010. I moved to the UK on the 9th (flew in from Dublin). UK border dont check passports on flights from Ireland (they just look at your boarding pass and dont look/stamp your passport) due to 'common border rules'.

In Oct 2010 I traveled overseas and when I got back into the UK the UK border officer gave me a real hard time for 'working illegally'. Apparently my VISA wasn't 'activated' as it needed a stamp on it (which I was never told). I explained the 'common border' rule with her and she said no such thing existed! (I could rant on forever here, but she obviously had no idea about the UK border rules despite the fact she was Irish!).

After 10 mins of debating she let me through but stamped the Oct stamp on my VISA. So now it looks like I first entered the UK in Oct.

Do you think I'm going to have issues if I apply for indef leave to remain in July 2015?? The home office might assume I was only living in the UK since Oct? (I have flight details, rental agreements, bank accounts etc to prove I was around in July).

Thanks!