ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation - payslips and bank statements?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mon
Newly Registered

naturalisation - payslips and bank statements?

Post by mon » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:18 pm

I am an australian about to apply for nationality through NCS.

when I made my appointment the woman on the phone reeled off a list of things I needed to bring which included bank statements and payslips for the last 3-6 months. However, I can't find anywhere on the forms that these are asked for (except if you are EEA or swiss national) so I'm wondering whether other people have provided them. I'm happy enough to take them, but being paid weekly makes 6 months of payslips fairly difficult to find and a large stack of paper.

Also, I can't seem to find the letter about my appointment (put it in a safe place, naturally) - does anyone know if I need that? I do have time to ring and ask them to send another one if necessary

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:13 pm

I don't think letter of appointment is really important but payslips and bank statements are cross verified to make sure that income paid or shown on the payslips are correct as it appears in the bank statement .

darksquid

Post by darksquid » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:42 pm

I didn't have to show bank statements OR payslips at my NCS appointment. I provided what was asked for on the application, and not a shred more.

I assumed they could check my employment history/salary through my NI number.

Perhaps this is asked only of people who initially came to the UK with employment-related visas? As far as I understand, I could have happily been sitting on my butt not working for the past three years (one can but dream), as there is no requirement to have been working to obtain citizenship.
Fixer of Old Stuff

bbdivo
Member of Standing

Post by bbdivo » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:54 pm

Bank statements and payslips are not required for a naturalisation application, if you have your passport to support your whole stay then you're fine if not then you need to prove you have been in the UK the whole time, previously you could supply bank statements and payslips however these days a letter from your employer is what is required (and stated in the application form) I did not supply bank statements or payslips, however I did have a letter from my employer as my passport did not cover the last 6 months of my qualifying period.

Edit:-
Just thinking about it perhaps they just rattled of a list of documents to you, when you get there they will probably just ask you to present what's needed? When you booked did they ask your nationality? Which NCS are you using?

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:07 am

I successfully applied for naturalisation using the NCS a couple of months ago, and I wasn't asked to bring any pay slips. I brought my passports, and letters from my current and previous employer confirming I had worked for them for the specified period.

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:01 pm

There could well be a situation that a person applying for Naturalisation deos not have a current employer, or he/she is self employed, or could even be taking a sabattical.

So I wonder on what basis NCS expect all interviewees to bring this letter ?

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:16 pm

When I phoned to make my appointment with the NCS (Newcastle) I was also told to bring bank statements and payslips, but when I arrived on the day - they didnt even want to see them! So my application went in with no financial information but still succeeded.
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten

beyond
Newly Registered

About apply naturalisation

Post by beyond » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:54 pm

Do I need letters from my current and previous employer confirming I had worked for them when I apply British citizenship now?

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:12 pm

Beyond - No you definitely dont need that for a citizenship application.

Employment history is crucial for work-permit based ILR applications but does not apply for citizenship at all.

Having said that I would still say take along your latest P60 which they might want to photocopy, simply be to make it quicker for the Home Office to check with Inland Revenue that youve been paying your tax.

I took along everything I could think of for my NCS appointment but they only wanted the basics and ignored my huge pile of documents I offered.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine!
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten

beyond
Newly Registered

Post by beyond » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:13 pm

tekaweni, Thank you :)