ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife set m application and benefits claim

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

niazacca
Newly Registered

Wife set m application and benefits claim

Post by niazacca » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:41 am

Hi I am going in person to apply for my wife set m visa I am British Citizen but get child tax credit and child benefit

Would anyone know if this could be problem obviously I get the child benefit so on my wife set m form she would say my partner gets it, but child tax credit is joint claim so she will tick both.

Not sure if that will impact the her ilr?

Any help or thoughts please.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Wife set m application and benefits claim

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:51 am

niazacca wrote:Hi I am going in person to apply for my wife set m visa I am British Citizen but get child tax credit and child benefit

Would anyone know if this could be problem obviously I get the child benefit so on my wife set m form she would say my partner gets it, but child tax credit is joint claim so she will tick both.

Thanks
That's fine.

sh1981
Member of Standing

Re: Wife set m application and benefits claim

Post by sh1981 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:33 am

niazacca wrote:Hi I am going in person to apply for my wife set m visa I am British Citizen but get child tax credit and child benefit

Thanks
no!

why would you tick both ? only she receives child tax, not you. having you name on it does not matter.

for instance housing benefit, wife receives it, i dont, shes the tenant, im not. however my name is on it. i didnt tick it.
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com