ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to provide all pages from statement?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sarabd
Newly Registered

Do I need to provide all pages from statement?

Post by sarabd » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:29 pm

Hi all...I'm going to apply for the second leg of my Tier 1 General visa. I am a salaried employee so I only need to provide payslips + bank statements to prove income.

However, if I include all statement pages from 12 months then there'll be a lot of pages. Can I include only the pages where I received the salary in my account? So I only want to include 12 pages. I believe this will reduce the workload for the case worker as he/she won't have troll through 50+ pages.

Last question, is it mandatory to include a cover letter and salary explanation sheet?

Thanks.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:35 pm

As for the bank statements, yes you can include the pages which contain your salary credit entries, but also include the first page of each which contain your name, address, account no etc... so that it is clear that the bank statements are yours.

There is no advantage in including a cover letter for the purpose you state, as what is required will be stated in your completed application form. Cover letters are only helpful if there is something which is out of the ordinary that needs explanation/clarification.

sarabd
Newly Registered

Post by sarabd » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:42 pm

cs95tdg wrote:As for the bank statements, yes you can include the pages which contain your salary credit entries, but also include the first page of each which contain your name, address, account no etc... so that it is clear that the bank statements are yours.
My bank's statement contains my name + address + account and sort code number on each page. So the salary credit entry pages have all necessary details. So I don't need to include the first pages surely?

Thanks.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:50 pm

If all information appears on each page with the corresponding dates, then I agree you don't need to include the first pages.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:13 pm

I took all my statements and marked each of my salary payments with a sticky note on the side. The caseworker even thanked me for doing this.

When you only give partial information, it would seem like you are trying to hide something. A statement consists of all it's various pages - not submitting all pages would be the same as submitting only a piece of your passport or part of your degree. Give the caseworker a full view of everything.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

sarabd
Newly Registered

Post by sarabd » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:52 pm

mulderpf wrote:I took all my statements and marked each of my salary payments with a sticky note on the side. The caseworker even thanked me for doing this.

When you only give partial information, it would seem like you are trying to hide something. A statement consists of all it's various pages - not submitting all pages would be the same as submitting only a piece of your passport or part of your degree. Give the caseworker a full view of everything.
What I understand from reading the guidance is that to prove an income I need to provide 2 piece of evidence. In my case they are a) payslip and b) the credit entry in my bank account. So the info I'm providing is not partial for the purpose, it is complete.

I reckon in your case the case worker thanked you for highlighting the payments, not for providing all the pages. The case worker doesn't need all the pages to have a full view of everything. What I want to do is to make the case worker's job easy by not giving him a bunch of papers which he doesn't need.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:26 pm

I think the point mulderpf is making here is that there may be the possibility that a caseworker may question why you are only submitting part of a statement(s). I.e. is it because you are trying to hide something - E.g. credit and then debit of earnings made? I'm not suggesting that you are, but it's a valid point, as a CW will be required, not only to cross check your earnings sources but also verify the authenticity of all the evidence you provide.

Personally I have always submitted all pages of my statements, but I've never had more than 2-3 sheets per statement anyway, so I never considered just submitting the one sheet which contained the credit entry.

So, unless you have bank statements that are extremely long with many pages, I would do as mulderpf has suggested & submit everything. As you have highlighted the required credit entries that will make the case workers life easier, when verifying against the second source.

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:31 pm

Please read the guidance notes. Make sure to include all pages of last 3 months statements if u have to show account balance of last 30 days before application.
Just a thought, include all pages for 12 months and highlight salary/income transactions.
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 pm

Sahib wrote:Make sure to include all pages of last 3 months statements if u have to show account balance of last 30 days before application.
Yes, the statement(s) you use to satisfy your maintenance requirement must contain all pages, as you need to prove that your balance did not drop below the given threshold at any point in time during the 3 month period. This is independent to the evidence requirement for previous earnings.

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 pm

Sorry made a mistake in my previous post, I mean check if you have to show account balance of last 90 days
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice

sarabd
Newly Registered

Post by sarabd » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:16 pm

Thanks all for your reply. I extended visa so far a fair few times and always provided full statements. However this time my statement is very long. If I want to include ALL pages for 12 month income period I'll have to provide 40+ pages! Even if I mark/highlight them, the CW will have to go through all those pages.

So I thought it'd be a good idea to include only the credit entry pages which will be only 12 pages. Maintenance fund will be shown from a different account and obviously ALL consecutive pages will be provided to cover 90 days.

Here's a quote from the application form page 38 -
You must be selective in submitting evidence, as sending large amounts of irrelevant or poor quality documentation may delay the consideration of the application. It is only necessary to submit evidence that is directly appropriate to the application as requested, as unrelated evidence cannot be considered for points scoring.

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:17 am

Sarad, it seems that all persons including Gurus are tyring to advise you to submit all pages and you still want to submit only some pages. Sounds fishy to me and probably case worker would also think so! Why can't you send 40+ pages of statement. Your job is to send all the documents and it would be case worker's job to figure it out. You can make his job easy by highlighting the payments. That's it..

Recently I got my tier1 extension and I submitted about 35 pages of statement. I'm subscribed for yearly statements and hence to claim from last feb 2012 I had to submit bank statements from May 2011 to Feb 2013. The case worker didn't complain about it (I highlighted all the payments). I'm sure she would have questioned me if I had submitted partial statements.

Finally the visa is yours and hence the decision is yours. Seems like you are totally biased and try to listen from others what you want to hear. Unfortunately this doesn't happen on this forum and we all will tell only transparent things. Good Luck!

karg_g

Post by karg_g » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:36 am

Hi,

I would include all the pages. Since you pay £1800 i think its not a bad job for CW, but even more than that I think it avoids confusion for CW since they know all the pages are sequentially available so the doubt is removed from their minds.

If you want to make their life bit easier, I suggest you leave a sticky or mark that's easy for them to see and enter into their calculation.
I try to give honest answers, however I might be wrong, kindly always check with your solicitor/accountant for final confirmation