ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby born after 9 months of ILR. British Passport or Indian?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jo1

Baby born after 9 months of ILR. British Passport or Indian?

Post by Jo1 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:56 pm

5 years on HSMP ( 1 Jan 2008 to 5 Dec 2012) as a married couple.

Got PR on 6th December 2012. We are due to have our first baby in end of August/early September. We are planning to go to India after 2/3 months of delivery.

Can someone please help if I can apply British passport for child when we are on Indian passport?

How early I can apply as I will be eligible for British passport only after 6 Dec 2013? Can I apply early for baby. Don't want to wait for 3 months to apply for passport.

Please advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Baby born after 9 months of ILR. British Passport or Ind

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:34 pm

Jo1 wrote:5 years on HSMP ( 1 Jan 2008 to 5 Dec 2012) as a married couple.

Got PR on 6th December 2012. We are due to have our first baby in end of August/early September. We are planning to go to India after 2/3 months of delivery.

Can someone please help if I can apply British passport for child when we are on Indian passport?

How early I can apply as I will be eligible for British passport only after 6 Dec 2013? Can I apply early for baby. Don't want to wait for 3 months to apply for passport.

Please advice.
As the child will be born in the UK with a parent who has settled status the child will automatically be a British Citizen and thus can get a Passport straight away. If your spouse/civil p is not a BC you must have 1 year settled status before being eligible to apply for BC (as well as satisfying the other rules).

Jo1

Post by Jo1 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:59 pm

Thank you :)

It means I can apply for baby's passport in Sep/Oct 2013.

Me and my spouse has to wait till Dec 2013.

I was concerned about baby's passport. Its a big relief.

boloney

Post by boloney » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:08 pm

Jo1 wrote:Thank you :)

It means I can apply for baby's passport in Sep/Oct 2013.

Me and my spouse has to wait till Dec 2013.

I was concerned about baby's passport. Its a big relief.
you can apply as soon as you get his/her birth certificate and photos done.