ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is this normal?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nijels
Newly Registered

Is this normal?

Post by nijels » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:28 am

Hi guys in relation to my original post here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#782112 I was wondering if I could get some advice on some of my concerns here.

Back when I submitted my application through the settlement checking service Edinburgh for SET(M) in November 2012 the lady who was processing my application went through all the documentation with me and made copies for the same. She did however only retain my BRP and handed back mine and my partners passports back to us. Is that normal? I know I probably am worrying about nothing but still worth checking. I did ask her and she said that's the way its done now.

Another bit I am concerned about is the address they send the docs to, I had said that correspondence address is my work address and the initial confirmation came to my work. The request to enroll my biometrics at the first week of Jan 2013 came to my home address (Mail has a habit of going missing from my home address). I am just concerned that when they send the BRP, confirmation etc they will send it to my home address which is slightly concerning.

Anyways, I will look forward to hearing any advice on the above mentioned and the time line is in my original post

lolainkent

Post by lolainkent » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:04 pm

I'm not 100% sure about the BRP she took though I have read in others posts on here that people's BRP's are taken at their PEO appointments because the UKBA shreds them so that could be why she took the card. Maybe the UKBA doesn't want anyone in possession of 2 BRP cards?

You have to show photo ID when the courier delivers your BRP (I showed my drivers license and had to sign for it). If they try to deliver and you aren't there, they'll leave a card and you should be able to re-arrange delivery. They won't just thrust the card into the hands of someone unknown (if that was what you're worried about). I applied Set(M) in November and got mine on Tuesday so hopefully you'll be soon :)

nijels
Newly Registered

hey

Post by nijels » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:31 am

Heyyy thank you for the update..When did you apply in November? Towards the beginning or the end? Yeah makes sense about the BRP, I was a bit worried when she said that she only needed my BRP and not my passport as for all my previous visas I had to provide both..Maybe the settlement checking service is different..

Congrats on your ILR..Hope mine will be coming soon to my correspondence address

lolainkent

Re: hey

Post by lolainkent » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:37 pm

nijels wrote:Heyyy thank you for the update..When did you apply in November? Towards the beginning or the end? Yeah makes sense about the BRP, I was a bit worried when she said that she only needed my BRP and not my passport as for all my previous visas I had to provide both..Maybe the settlement checking service is different..

Congrats on your ILR..Hope mine will be coming soon to my correspondence address
I had my Settlement Checking Service appointment on Nov 20, so my application was received Nov 21. It seems somewhat normal for it took take about 2 1/2 months from when biometrics were enrolled.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Is this normal?

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:40 pm

nijels wrote:Hi guys in relation to my original post here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#782112 I was wondering if I could get some advice on some of my concerns here.

Back when I submitted my application through the settlement checking service Edinburgh for SET(M) in November 2012 the lady who was processing my application went through all the documentation with me and made copies for the same. She did however only retain my BRP and handed back mine and my partners passports back to us. Is that normal? I know I probably am worrying about nothing but still worth checking. I did ask her and she said that's the way its done now.

Another bit I am concerned about is the address they send the docs to, I had said that correspondence address is my work address and the initial confirmation came to my work. The request to enroll my biometrics at the first week of Jan 2013 came to my home address (Mail has a habit of going missing from my home address). I am just concerned that when they send the BRP, confirmation etc they will send it to my home address which is slightly concerning.

Anyways, I will look forward to hearing any advice on the above mentioned and the time line is in my original post
Yes, the old BRP will be destroyed and a new one issued with ILR following a successful application.

nijels
Newly Registered

update

Post by nijels » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:17 am

Hey guys a quick update that I received confirmation the other day on a letter dated the 18th March 2013 that the BRP is on its way!!!