ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA OR VISIT VISA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

montana
- thin ice -

EEA OR VISIT VISA

Post by montana » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:06 pm

I am on the verge of applying for my 19 year old brother but am not sure on the route to take.Since my brother is 19 years old,i would not be required to prove his financial dependency unless he is over 21 if i apply for a EEA family permit but not sue what the embassies basis or refusal would be but people are suggesting a visitors visa as its doesnot give my brother any rights to do any thing but its quicker/.Please would you give me advice on which visa i should apply for and the reasons why??

Regards.
CHARLIE MONTANA

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:24 pm

His age is not relevant as he is an extended family member rather than a nuclear family member of an EU migrant. If he is not financially dependant on you for his basic needs, he will not qualify under EU rules and must, therefore, apply under UK rules.
Your post implies he would like to do more than visit the UK so good luck with that application!

montana
- thin ice -

Hello

Post by montana » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:45 pm

Lucapooka,
are you implying that if he was my child,then he would not require to prove he is dependent on me but since he is only my brother,he would need to prove dependency?
CHARLIE MONTANA

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:19 pm

Correct.