ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

reg Absences

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SanSun
Newly Registered

reg Absences

Post by SanSun » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:26 pm

Hi

I came to UK on HSMP and later extended on Tier 1 General. I complete my 5 years in April this year. In the first year (2008) I was out of country for 182 days and had totally 4 travels (22 days, 69 days, 84 days, 6 days) all of these were on business. Except the 84 days absence though was on business purpose, I had to extend the visit since my father was seriously ill at that time and had to undergo surgery and in-spite had died of heart attack.

Please help me get clarified:

1. Can I apply on compassionate grounds for 182 being out of country.
2. Will PEO appointment help me getting ILR on the same day or does it require a senior executive officer level approval(Since I have business travel needs and cannot afford to wait through postal application).
3. Or should I wait until my absences are less than 180 days.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

shal1981

Re: reg Absences

Post by shal1981 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:39 am

SanSun wrote:Hi

I came to UK on HSMP and later extended on Tier 1 General. I complete my 5 years in April this year. In the first year (2008) I was out of country for 182 days and had totally 4 travels (22 days, 69 days, 84 days, 6 days) all of these were on business. Except the 84 days absence though was on business purpose, I had to extend the visit since my father was seriously ill at that time and had to undergo surgery and in-spite had died of heart attack.

Please help me get clarified:

1. Can I apply on compassionate grounds for 182 being out of country.
2. Will PEO appointment help me getting ILR on the same day or does it require a senior executive officer level approval(Since I have business travel needs and cannot afford to wait through postal application).
3. Or should I wait until my absences are less than 180 days.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards
Arrage for death certificate, medical records of that time you were away for more that 180 days in year. Compaassionate reasons will be easily justified if you paperwork to back it up.

Also check what new rules will be in place post 6th April for HSMP/Tier 1 but I guess nothing major changed

shal1981

Post by shal1981 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:41 am

This post will be helpful. Read this : http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#805469

SanSun
Newly Registered

Post by SanSun » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:10 pm

Thanks shal1981. Thats was very helpful. Please let me know if you have any idea whether my PEO appt will get me ILR the same day and will not require any SEO level approval.

Thanks.