ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sec 1.5 & Credit card statement, Min Amount Of Funds?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Skywalker32
Newly Registered

Sec 1.5 & Credit card statement, Min Amount Of Funds?

Post by Skywalker32 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:37 pm

Hello members,

I am a Romanian national and new to this forum, need some advice/clarification in regard to filling up application form EEA3 Sec 1.5

Enter full name as it appears in your passport or ID. As I understand, Applicant needs to write full name including Middle(if any) and Surname? As next Sec 1.6 asks again to write Surname.

I know it might be a bit silly question but wanted to confirm if I was right as I do not want to take any chances.

I was also reading somewhere that one does not need to apply for PR and gets the rights by simply exercising EU treaty rights, does it mean if one exercise treaty rights so he/she would automatically have the employment rights as well(One already in possession of registration card) without applying/getting PR card?

Thank you all for your help in advance.
Last edited by Skywalker32 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Help with Application Form Sec 1.5

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:57 pm

Skywalker32 wrote:Hello members,

I am a Romanian national and new to this forum, need some advice/clarification in regard to filling up application form EEA3 Sec 1.5

Enter full name as it appears in your passport or ID. As I understand, Applicant needs to write full name including Middle(if any) and Surname? As next Sec 1.6 asks again to write Surname.

I know it might be a bit silly question but wanted to confirm if I was right as I do not want to take any chances.
Just write your full name including middle name as appeared in your passport/ID in section 1.5. And simply write again your Surname (usually the last name) in Section 1.6.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Skywalker32
Newly Registered

Application Form Sec 1.5 & Credit card statements

Post by Skywalker32 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:12 pm

sheraz7 wrote: Just write your full name including middle name as appeared in your passport/ID in section 1.5. And simply write again your Surname (usually the last name) in Section 1.6.
Thanks for your swift reply.

I have one further question now,

Can we use credit card statements as proof of residency instead of current account statements?

Basically, I only receive online statements from last 3 years and Lloyds bank is willing to send paper statements but at charge of £5 each which I obviously would like to avoid if possible.

PS. Letters from my college also have my address on them so is it not enough to prove residency in UK?

Also in regard to evidence of funds, is there a Min amount of funds that one should have access to/being kept in a bank account?

Thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Application Form Sec 1.5 & Credit card statements

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:33 am

Skywalker32 wrote:
Can we use credit card statements as proof of residency instead of current account statements?

I am not sure about the acceptability of Credit Card statements as proof of residence however, on page 27 (Proof of residence: this can include tenancy agreements, utility bills and bank statements). you can check the other alternatives too.

Also in regard to evidence of funds, is there a Min amount of funds that one should have access to/being kept in a bank account?
There is no fixed balance needed in accounts which is entirely based on each individual applicant's circumstances.

Thanks
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Hubba

Re: Application Form Sec 1.5 & Credit card statements

Post by Hubba » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:45 am

sheraz7 wrote:
Skywalker32 wrote:

I am not sure about the acceptability of Credit Card statements as proof of residence however, on page 27 (Proof of residence: this can include tenancy agreements, utility bills and bank statements). you can check the other alternatives too.

I'd say credit card statements are, for all effects, bank statements. They're issued by a financial institution where you hold a credit account. You also need to jump through the same hoops to prove your identity.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:08 pm

For proof that you are resident, you could use a utility bill, a telephone bill, a council tax bill, a credit card statement, or most likely a letter from a neighbour.