ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i travel to India without my visa?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nandhini02
Newly Registered

Can i travel to India without my visa?

Post by nandhini02 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:52 pm

I have booked my tickets to india on april 15 keeping in mind that after my april 3 PEO appoinment i will have 5 working days to get my BRP. But now the turnaround time is more than 5 working days, can i travel to india without a visa. But my husband who is joining me later in India can collect my BRP, so that we wont have problem when coming to UK.

fslateef

Post by fslateef » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:08 pm

Its similar to what was going to happen with me and Cardiff PEO caseworker told me that you can go out without BRP and you need it when coming back so either you can get it posted to you outside UK OR if one of you is going later than they can take it with them.

So I think its ok to do (seniors can confirm this further); although according to my understanding do take your approval letter at-least with you as immigration at Indian airport can ask for valid visa (as they can assume that you were in UK illegal or deported).

I hope this will help.
Last edited by fslateef on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:08 pm

Technically yes but legally no...

longshift
United Kingdom

Re: Can i travel to India without my visa?

Post by longshift » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:07 pm

nandhini02 wrote:I have booked my tickets to india on april 15 keeping in mind that after my april 3 PEO appoinment i will have 5 working days to get my BRP. But now the turnaround time is more than 5 working days, can i travel to india without a visa. But my husband who is joining me later in India can collect my BRP, so that we wont have problem when coming to UK.
Should be fine.

nandhini02
Newly Registered

Post by nandhini02 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:50 pm

Thanks all for your reply :)

omygod143
Newly Registered

dependent got biometric but not main applicant

Post by omygod143 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:58 am

I got the same experiance. me and my wife went to solihull PEO on 22nd of March and my wife(dependent) got biometric on 27th bbut I haven't recieved and I am the main applicant. Can anyone suggest me what to do please.