ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Route family application information requested

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khanb
Newly Registered

EEA Route family application information requested

Post by khanb » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:47 am

Hi,

A friend of mine is in need of opinion on her situation, I wonder if anyone could help.

My friend is EU national, although spouse is non-EU national. Both are working and earning a decent living, They are interested in bringing spouse mother who is 51 year old to UK who is a non EU national.

I asked this question in another thread and had a response that if spouse mother come over to UK on visit visa, she can not apply for further leave to remain within UK but she has to go back to her home country and apply again.

Now the question is that if my friend who is an EU national living in England is to sponsor mother in law, can she do this?

does my friend and spouse has to visit her mother in law home country or can she courier the required documents i.e., passport copy, financial statements, sponsorship letter.

its a bit complicated situation so I wonder if anyone can help please.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:17 am

Is the mother dependent on child? This is a requirement under eu route.

khanb
Newly Registered

Post by khanb » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:28 pm

It's my friends, husbands mother. She is dependant on my friends husband. But how do they prove that she (mother) is dependant?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:51 pm

See 5.1.2 of this document for some information.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

khanb
Newly Registered

Post by khanb » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:22 pm

I have discussed and shown the doc. Her husband send a considerable amount of money £300-£600 every month for his mothers well being. And she is dependant on him. So the criteria is fulfilled? What's next. And thank you or your response and information.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:00 pm

She could apply for a family permit in the country where she lives. She would need to provide her passport, evidence of relationship to the EU national (eg birth certificate and marriage certificate); evidence of dependency and evidence that the EU national is living in the UK in accordance with the regulations (worker or self-sufficient)