ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tunab2

Re: TIME LINE

Post by tunab2 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:24 pm

majojo wrote:
tunab2 wrote:
majojo wrote:
tunab2 wrote:
Is ur application a fresh one or an extention? Can u share ur strory plz.
hi my application is fresh. and heres my story, came here on student visa and i was not able to apply for flrm becasue my wife has been suffering from a cyst infection for the past 4 years. she eventually had a final surgery which doctors still say she needs to come for regular check up. so after my course ended officially i had a temporary full time job and she also got a job so when both salaries are combined we exceed 1550 but since my visa was expiring in jan 30 i couldnt take the risk of over staying and i could not meet the 6 months for the flrm i did go to the peo but was told i have to post it so i applied for the 10 year partner route with only 3 months payslips and other documents. so basically thats my story.
I sent documents on the 15th
hom office received on 16t
money taked 17th jan
ack letter received 21st jan dated 17th
then just this 12th march tuesday i called HO sying i have not receivd my bio letter and i was told that they wil lrequest and it will take 15 working days but i received it yester da 15th mach but letter was dated on the 8th. so am a bit confused my self. may b when i get another bio letter ill just call and explain cos i made the call on 12th march recedv letter 16th march but leter was dated 8th march. lol. but am praying and believe my case will be granted..
what about you whats your story
I suppose your application was expedited as your circumstance was what the UKBA will consider as a compelling one.

My application is through my british daughter born Dec 2011 my girlfriend is on ILR. I came on a student visa which i overstayed due to financial reason. I was told by lawyer i have a case using article 8 so i crossing my fingers...it has been a nightmare....

dont worry you will be fine. trust me God is in control. but if i may ask well i applied on the 10 year partner route. and what do you mean by ukba considers it as compelling case?
What i meant was ur GF situation might weigh positively on ur application, the UKBA are often compassionate with such cases and expedite the process. Your timeline definitely looks like an expedited application. On average applicants have had to wait 6months here on this thread to get their Bio... :wink:
Date Applied: 7/712
Date Received at HO: 9/7/12
Date of Ack. Letter from HO: 19/7/12
Contacted local MP: 22/1/13
BioMetric Letter: 7/2/13
Biometrics Done: 14th Feb 2013.
Return of Docs: UKBA sent 8th Apr
Decision: GRANTED 30 MONTHS

majojo

Post by majojo » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:44 pm

tunab2 wrote:
majojo wrote:
tunab2 wrote:
majojo wrote:
hi my application is fresh. and heres my story, came here on student visa and i was not able to apply for flrm becasue my wife has been suffering from a cyst infection for the past 4 years. she eventually had a final surgery which doctors still say she needs to come for regular check up. so after my course ended officially i had a temporary full time job and she also got a job so when both salaries are combined we exceed 1550 but since my visa was expiring in jan 30 i couldnt take the risk of over staying and i could not meet the 6 months for the flrm i did go to the peo but was told i have to post it so i applied for the 10 year partner route with only 3 months payslips and other documents. so basically thats my story.
I sent documents on the 15th
hom office received on 16t
money taked 17th jan
ack letter received 21st jan dated 17th
then just this 12th march tuesday i called HO sying i have not receivd my bio letter and i was told that they wil lrequest and it will take 15 working days but i received it yester da 15th mach but letter was dated on the 8th. so am a bit confused my self. may b when i get another bio letter ill just call and explain cos i made the call on 12th march recedv letter 16th march but leter was dated 8th march. lol. but am praying and believe my case will be granted..
what about you whats your story
I suppose your application was expedited as your circumstance was what the UKBA will consider as a compelling one.

My application is through my british daughter born Dec 2011 my girlfriend is on ILR. I came on a student visa which i overstayed due to financial reason. I was told by lawyer i have a case using article 8 so i crossing my fingers...it has been a nightmare....

dont worry you will be fine. trust me God is in control. but if i may ask well i applied on the 10 year partner route. and what do you mean by ukba considers it as compelling case?
What i meant was ur GF situation might weigh positively on ur application, the UKBA are often compassionate with such cases and expedite the process. Your timeline definitely looks like an expedited application. On average applicants have had to wait 6months here on this thread to get their Bio... :wink:

u sure? lol i ws the one who kept clling you know. i kept calling telling them i have not got my biometrics. they were alwasy rude to me until i called just this last tuesday 12th march and some one picked and said well it usually takes 28 days to send it so he requested for it. also what boters me wa that i called on the 12th and he told me it takes up to 15 working days. when the letter came this friday 15th it was dated on the 8th. but my call was on the 12th?? i hope i dont get another letter tho. well i hope what you are saing will help as i would be so happy lol all thebest to you tho. how come yours has taken this long

tunab2

Post by tunab2 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:20 am

majojo wrote:
tunab2 wrote:
majojo wrote:
tunab2 wrote:

u sure? lol i ws the one who kept clling you know. i kept calling telling them i have not got my biometrics. they were alwasy rude to me until i called just this last tuesday 12th march and some one picked and said well it usually takes 28 days to send it so he requested for it. also what boters me wa that i called on the 12th and he told me it takes up to 15 working days. when the letter came this friday 15th it was dated on the 8th. but my call was on the 12th?? i hope i dont get another letter tho. well i hope what you are saing will help as i would be so happy lol all thebest to you tho. how come yours has taken this long
I really cant tell you why it took this long...Maybe the backlog at the HO. What number did you use to phone them. Can u send it to me please, i have never phoned. Is it a premium number?

majojo

Post by majojo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:42 am

tunab2 wrote:
majojo wrote:
tunab2 wrote:
majojo wrote:

I really cant tell you why it took this long...Maybe the backlog at the HO. What number did you use to phone them. Can u send it to me please, i have never phoned. Is it a premium number?
no its not a premium number its the number on the acknowledgment letter. ending with 66 i think

tunab2

Post by tunab2 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:01 pm

majojo wrote:
tunab2 wrote:
majojo wrote:
tunab2 wrote:

no its not a premium number its the number on the acknowledgment letter. ending with 66 i think
Thanks mate...will try and ring them today. Wll let u know!!!!

henno
Newly Registered

Waiting time.

Post by henno » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:37 pm

Hope this can be of some help to someone.
This is my time line.

Date Applied/Docs sent: 20/09/2012
Date Received Ack. Letter: 27/09/2012
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 27/02/2013
Date Biometrics Done at PO : 27/02/2012
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: 15/03/2013
Date Biometrics card received 18/03/2013

Visa Type : FLR(0) Ancestry.

Good luck to everyone who's waiting.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Re: Waiting time.

Post by sanny26 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:34 pm

henno wrote:Hope this can be of some help to someone.
This is my time line.

Congrats....did u do a extension or a fresh application?

tunab2

Post by tunab2 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:01 pm

This is my time line.

Execellent news...please share ur story!

henno
Newly Registered

Post by henno » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:33 pm

sanny26 wrote:
This is my time line.

Thank you, It was a massive wait of 6 months but I see loads of people waiting much longer. Hope they get good news soon. I applied for an extension.

majojo

Post by majojo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:12 am

hit i want to relly ask this question. when you receive letter for bio metrics does it mean that you case is about to be passed to a case worker??
this is my time line
HERE IS MY TIME LINE
Applied in january 15 2013
HO received it 17
ack letter received in 21 dated 17 2013
biometrics letter 15TH DATED 8TH SECND CLASS DEVLRY

11akb

Post by 11akb » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:56 pm

majojo wrote:hit i want to relly ask this question. when you receive letter for bio metrics does it mean that you case is about to be passed to a case worker??
this is my time line
HERE IS MY TIME LINE
HO received it 17

was that fresh application or extension ....?

majojo

Post by majojo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:08 pm

11akb wrote:
majojo wrote:hit i want to relly ask this question. when you receive letter for bio metrics does it mean that you case is about to be passed to a case worker??
this is my time line
HERE IS MY TIME LINE
HO received it 17

was that fresh application or extension ....?
fresh application... whats your story m8

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:56 pm

henno wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
This is my time line.

Thank you, It was a massive wait of 6 months but I see loads of people waiting much longer. Hope they get good news soon. I applied for an extension.
Im doing a extension aswel,done bio 1st march so hopefully i get back my documents soon..

Why lie
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Why lie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:01 pm

[quote="majojo"][quote="11akb"][quote="majojo"]hit i want to relly ask this question. when you receive letter for bio metrics does it mean that you case is about to be passed to a case worker??
this is my time line
HERE IS MY TIME LINE
HO received it 17
biometrics letter 15TH DATED 8TH SECND

It's been 10 months since my biometrics and still haven't heard a word from them .

11akb

Post by 11akb » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:32 pm

Why lie wrote:
majojo wrote:
11akb wrote:
this is my time line
HERE IS MY TIME LINE
HO received it 17

It's been 10 months since my biometrics and still haven't heard a word from them .
@Majojo same here i done my bio in august ..mean 9 month first application on long residence Articale 8 ............ 3 kids born here came in 2000 student visa still waiting for any result ......call them every after 2 days involve my MP now send them letter by post pay 6k in tax every year.....What else i can do God knows i was thinking to walk in Homeoffice but i dont think any use to do that ......I hope u will get soon because the time i applied was busy period for them but 6 month is confirm in my experience.

majojo

Post by majojo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:37 pm

Why lie wrote:
majojo wrote:
11akb wrote:
this is my time line
HERE IS MY TIME LINE
HO received it 17

whats your story

Why lie
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Why lie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:46 pm

majojo wrote:
Why lie wrote:
majojo wrote:
11akb wrote:
whats your story
Overstayed on a 6 months visa back in 2003 . So I applied on basis of a British child and girlfriend . 11 months since application . Still no response .

majojo

Post by majojo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:09 pm

Why lie wrote:
majojo wrote:
Why lie wrote:
majojo wrote: Overstayed on a 6 months visa back in 2003 . So I applied on basis of a British child and girlfriend . 11 months since application . Still no response .
oh ook. well i did hear that when you over stay they some times take longer i dont really know how true it is tho. but dont worry God is in control we will all sail through and also remember there has been a backlog so am sure yors should come any time soon, as i saw some one who did theier bio just last month and the got thier brp this month

BIGGY25
Newly Registered

Post by BIGGY25 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:20 pm

Same here, its 10 months that I applied and no response as well. Infact I'm really fed up I applied on family route as I got partner with 2 lovely kids, all of them got Discretionary leave to remain 3 years in 2011 as d kids born here partner not British. Hope to hear good news soon.

Why lie
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Why lie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:24 pm

BIGGY25 wrote:Same here, its 10 months that I applied and no response as well. Infact I'm really fed up I applied on family route as I got partner with 2 lovely kids, all of them got Discretionary leave to remain 3 years in 2011 as d kids born here partner not British. Hope to hear good news soon.

So since we applied before the new law came into place , are we gonna get 3 years or 30 months ? Does anybody know ?

BIGGY25
Newly Registered

Post by BIGGY25 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:50 pm

30 months or 3 years I didn't mind as I'm desperate so much now!

majojo

Post by majojo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:51 pm

Why lie wrote:
BIGGY25 wrote:Same here, its 10 months that I applied and no response as well. Infact I'm really fed up I applied on family route as I got partner with 2 lovely kids, all of them got Discretionary leave to remain 3 years in 2011 as d kids born here partner not British. Hope to hear good news soon.

So since we applied before the new law came into place , are we gonna get 3 years or 30 months ? Does anybody know ?
no that DL has been abolished now its 10 years. so 2.5 which u will renew 4 times then after thats apply for settlement

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:15 pm

majojo wrote:
Why lie wrote:

no that DL has been abolished now its 10 years. so 2.5 which u will renew 4 times then after thats apply for settlement
If u were already granted discretionary leave and your doing a extension u will be granted under the old rules...

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:14 pm

I have received a letter from The HO last week !

- Thank you for your correspondence of january about the above issue .
- I am sorry that you felt our service did not meet your expectation on this occasion , as requested i have reviewed your concerns thoroughly and would like to Apologise for the - delay in considering your application for leave to remain.
- you submitted your application in April
- we have received an exceptional high volume of applications , this has had an impact on the processing time for all applications across temporary migration.
- application on the form FLR O are considered by family case work team , this area of the business is currently handling a queue of complex cases .
- we are currently working on the cases where the biometric data was captured at the end of April 2012 ,we received biometric enrollment details for this ---application at the end of April 2012 and we will right to you with our decision as soon as possible .

BIGGY25
Newly Registered

Post by BIGGY25 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:52 pm

It's fresh application, applied 15/05/12, Ack letter received 28/05/12, And Biometrics letter received: 26/06/12. Biometrics done 03/07/12. since then no responce.