ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sehar786
Newly Registered

Post by sehar786 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:53 pm

Application submitted at Mirpur 4/12/12. Refused 6/3/13. GUTTED. I was getting paid cash and got refused because I was keeping some cash for phone cards clothes etc and banking the rest. I may appeal after discussing with solicitor :cry:

sehar786
Newly Registered

Post by sehar786 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:56 pm

Anyone know how long appeal takes from start to visa being stamped

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:18 pm

sehar786 wrote:Anyone know how long appeal takes from start to visa being stamped
If it goes to court then you are looking about 9 months standard... If there are and delays at the AIT then your looking about a year...
But on the bright side it could get over turned within 3 months... But the year is the worst case.
application @ ISL 13/01/2012
returned 30/03/2012 Refused app
applied for appeal in uk 19/04/12
deadline given 05/11/2012
Court date: 10 jan 2013
call letter: 08/03/2013
visa stamped?

king2be98
- thin ice -

Re: Visa Refused Under Financial Exemption Rule.

Post by king2be98 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:40 am

REMAA wrote:Application submitted at Islamabad on : 17/12/2012
Under Process : 03/01/2012
Rfc : 11/03/2013
Outcome : Refused

Refused on grounds that we were short of adequate maintenance by £90 a month.We applied under the Financial Exemption Rules
Adequate maintenance was suppose to be £482.
We will be re-applying for a spouse visa in due course.
Don't re-apply if you don't meet the criteria, you will be refused again. If you want to get a VISA either appeal because you meet the criteria and were incorrectly refused. If you don't meet the criteria, you'll need to re-assess how you can live together because until you meet it you won't be granted a VISA.

REMAA

Post by REMAA » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:37 pm

king2be98 wrote:
REMAA wrote:Application submitted at Islamabad on : 17/12/2012
Under Process : 03/01/2012
Rfc : 11/03/2013
Outcome : Refused

Refused on grounds that we were short of adequate maintenance by £90 a month.We applied under the Financial Exemption Rules
Adequate maintenance was suppose to be £482.
We will be re-applying for a spouse visa in due course.
Don't re-apply if you don't meet the criteria, you will be refused again. If you want to get a VISA either appeal because you meet the criteria and were incorrectly refused. If you don't meet the criteria, you'll need to re-assess how you can live together because until you meet it you won't be granted a VISA.
WELCOME BACK, LONG TIME SINCE SEEING A POST OR COMMENT BY YOU.
I have PM'ED you and hope you can give me your view and advice which would be greatly appreciated.

SI123
Newly Registered

Post by SI123 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:47 pm

Application Submitted: 13 Mar 2013 - Islamabad :D

Sadia786

Post by Sadia786 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:16 am

SI123 wrote:Application Submitted: 13 Mar 2013 - Islamabad :D
Good Luck:)

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:46 am

My visa was refused today
Applied on 31/12/12 and heard back today 15/3/13
Reason was becaus i did not have 6 months

What i want to know is should i re-apply or should i go to appeal?
I now have 6 months wage slips complete... I have however heard alot that if you re-apply fresh application apparently it is quicker to be greanted (if there are no other mistakes that is )

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:48 am

My visa was refused today
Applied on 31/12/12 and heard back today 15/3/13
Reason was becaus i did not have 6 months

What i want to know is should i re-apply or should i go to appeal?
I now have 6 months wage slips complete... I have however heard alot that if you re-apply fresh application apparently it is quicker to be greanted (if there are no other mistakes that is )

Sadia786

Post by Sadia786 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:21 pm

Really sad..bt i fink u already knew about it..
U didnt hav 6 mnths payslips at the time when u applied so i fink u should re-apply with full requirements..
GOOD LUCK

Seenan
Newly Registered

Post by Seenan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:41 pm

@Hello786

You should re-apply as you don't have grounds for appeal.

Thanks

maaniuk
Newly Registered

Visa Granted

Post by maaniuk » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:04 pm

Application Submitted: 28 December 2012 - Karachi
Forwarded to OC: 28 December 2012
Under Process at BHC: 11 January 2013
RFC & Collection: 15 March 2013

We were expecting for a response by next week, so it was a pleasant surprise when we got the call this morning by grace of Allah.

It's weird how nerves sometimes get you going but this has certainly made us stronger as a couple. So good luck to everyone in this testing time!!! Just be PATIENT! and have FAITH! :)

Nusrat Ul Haq
Newly Registered

Post by Nusrat Ul Haq » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:01 am

Alhamdullilah visa granted.

Application Submitted: 07 January 2013 - Mirpur
Forward and under process : 18 January 2013
RFC & Collection: 18 March 2013

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:24 pm

Seenan wrote:@Hello786

You should re-apply as you don't have grounds for appeal.

Thanks
You should not give advice if you don't know the full circumstances and also if it's incorrect.

Please don't post rubbish advice like this again. It's the kind of cheap tricks some immigration lawyers use to make a profit.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:33 pm

HELLO786 wrote:What i want to know is should i re-apply or should i go to appeal?
We need a bit more information before we can give any advice.

Why were 6 months wage slips not given? Were you in employment 6 months prior to the application? Are you able to get those wage slips?

It is slightly quicker to re-apply but believe me when I say this, the process of appealing is far simpler than people make out and if you are lucky you can a decision and VISA within 5 months.

Re-applying means you could get refused on another petty ground, which for some reason they like to do.

Appealing is cheaper but chances of success if you provide the missing pay slips or a reason for not having them, is much much higher.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:50 pm

Sadia786 wrote:Really sad..bt i fink u already knew about it..
U didnt hav 6 mnths payslips at the time when u applied so i fink u should re-apply with full requirements..
GOOD LUCK
Re-applying costs £800+ or whatever the current fee is.

Appealing costs £150 give or take. Before you ask someone to go spend an extra £700, you have to assess every scenario and the facts. £700 is a lot of money, for potentially getting a positive response two months earlier with the risk of being refused again.

Sadia786

Post by Sadia786 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:36 pm

king2be98 wrote:
Sadia786 wrote:Really sad..bt i fink u already knew about it..
GOOD LUCK
Re-applying costs £800+ or whatever the current fee is.

Appealing costs £150 give or take. Before you ask someone to go spend an extra £700, you have to assess every scenario and the facts. £700 is a lot of money, for potentially getting a positive response two months earlier with the risk of being refused again.
U r right..

0zzy1

Post by 0zzy1 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:36 pm

Salam people, I'm applying this month (inshalla) my lawyer said I don't have to supply form su07 however I've heard a few spouse visas have been refused for not providing this form. What are your thoughts?

Seenan
Newly Registered

king2be98 & Hello786

Post by Seenan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:55 pm

Dear King2be98,

Appeal is against unfair decision, you are saying that tomorrow I can apply without documents and then my visa is refused and then I take all documents to court and win the appeal, seems bit non-sense.
I guarantee you Hello786 will loose appeal if he does so, its not something out of the fly but practical experience.
If you don't have any document BHC don't force you to apply, logically you should wait till your documents are complete. You can't say to BHC oh I was in hurry and wanted to be with my spouse ASAP.
2nd thing the appeal will cost him more, reason he may to hire a solicitor to fight for him. Everyone is not as intelligent as you are so therefore don't mislead him where he ends up in court at his own and even loose the appeal.
His only luck is request for review but it can waste 4 more months with results again against him.

Seenan
Newly Registered

@Ozzy1

Post by Seenan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:05 pm

Please do provide su07, sponsorship form, don't miss it the visa's have been refused solely on missing su07 forms, although the guidance say it is not must but you should provide it must.
Don't miss any document which comes in specified document and must be supplied, which mainly include your:
6 months wage slips
6 months bank statements corresponding to wage slips.
these documents should not be older than 28 days at the date of application.
Hope it helps
Regards.

zully
Member of Standing

Re: king2be98 & Hello786

Post by zully » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:46 pm

Seenan wrote:Dear King2be98,

Appeal is against unfair decision, you are saying that tomorrow I can apply without documents and then my visa is refused and then I take all documents to court and win the appeal, seems bit non-sense.
I guarantee you Hello786 will loose appeal if he does so, its not something out of the fly but practical experience.
If you don't have any document BHC don't force you to apply, logically you should wait till your documents are complete. You can't say to BHC oh I was in hurry and wanted to be with my spouse ASAP.
2nd thing the appeal will cost him more, reason he may to hire a solicitor to fight for him. Everyone is not as intelligent as you are so therefore don't mislead him where he ends up in court at his own and even loose the appeal.
His only luck is request for review but it can waste 4 more months with results again against him.
Hi, I think what king us saying is. If there is a good reason as to why he didn't send his pay slips them go to appeal. I think the main question is why was 6 months payslips not handed in? As that's the biggest requirement.
If he has been with his company for more that 6 months at the time if applying then maybe he should strongly consider appealing.
But till you know the reason behind not handing in 6 months then no one can really say what's best...
But if you save £600 by appealing I think I would second kings answer... There is another point that reapplying maybe ECO finds another reason for refusal.
Hope I haven't offended anyone.
application @ ISL 13/01/2012
returned 30/03/2012 Refused app
applied for appeal in uk 19/04/12
deadline given 05/11/2012
Court date: 10 jan 2013
call letter: 08/03/2013
visa stamped?

0zzy1

Re: @Ozzy1

Post by 0zzy1 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:04 pm

Seenan wrote:Please do provide su07, sponsorship form, don't miss it the visa's have been refused solely on missing su07 forms, although the guidance say it is not must but you should provide it must.
Don't miss any document which comes in specified document and must be supplied, which mainly include your:
6 months wage slips
6 months bank statements corresponding to wage slips.
these documents should not be older than 28 days at the date of application.
Hope it helps
Regards.
Thanks for the information, I will apply online (on behalf of my wife) on 25/03/13 and my last wage slip was 01/03/13 is this ok? also, can I book my wife's biometrics online? by the way you're "under processing" maybe incorrect.

Seenan
Newly Registered

ozzy1

Post by Seenan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:46 pm

Ozzy1,

if you are applying on 25th March, what about the wage slip of February and March?
Dont take any chances with BHC they are unforgiving.
Regards

Seenan
Newly Registered

Zully

Post by Seenan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:58 pm

Hi Zully,

I think you yourself has gone to appeal.

My point is that you have to have grounds for appeal. You know Judges are very fair and sympathetic and usually allow appeals if the marriages are genuine, but you also know that in the court you have to fight against BHC representative and to prove that the decision taken was unfair.
In old rules there was loads of space for appeals as there was no legislation and even 3 months wage slips were OK.
Now if you don't submit a specified document it is a straight away refusal, and you can't say the ECO was unfair.
Point is not to save money but point is to Win and to have a legitimate appeal.
If Hello786 says that his visa was refused because of wage slips it means he must have ticked CAT A or CAT B.
If he is on benefits than they can't refuse on the basis of wage slips.
If he is self employed again they can't refuse on the basis of absence of wage slips.
If his employer is not issuing him wage slips then he should complain at appropriate forum and can't blame ECO for that.
My point is that judge will not consider this for a single moment that it is an unfair decision by ECO.
It may be unfair by his employer or his company or any other circumstance.
And more concerned thing is that since now he has 6 months wage slips, he can't say that he is a victim of his employer etc.
He definitely need proper legal advice which I hope he will sought from a good solicitor but here our knowledge is based on the existing cases of people who have gone through refusals, grants, appeals etc
Having said this all, what suggestions we give are not to offend anyone but to help and by no means they are carved in stone.
Regards

sehar786
Newly Registered

Post by sehar786 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:13 pm

PLS guys when u start collecting payslips bank statements make sure you keep a close eye on all the details. We got refused because my wages was paid in cash and I kept some and banked the rest few days after getting paid at my own convenience They didn't read the declaration carefully where it clearly states this, and have made a big deal about this So pls make sure u hav a checklist and at least 6 months payslips and bank statement which should ideally be into a current account. Get ur accommodation checked by council or private company they charge about 100 quid. Do not forget to include phone cards skype details etc to show communication. Some ppl may not like this but try and marry sum1 from uk and save yourself a lot of hassle. Unfortunately it is too late for me