ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

query re visiting home (philippines)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bell01204
Newly Registered

query re visiting home (philippines)

Post by bell01204 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:46 am

Hi everyone, just want to ask if I will be experiencing any problem if i intend to visit to my family in manila? I am currently holding a settlement visa which will expire in 2008. I arrive in UK last year and this will be my 1st time to leave for a two week holiday there. I have read that there are new rules for those who are holding a settlement visa, will this affect me? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:04 am

bell01204 wrote:I have read that there are new rules for those who are holding a settlement visa, will this affect me?
What new rules affecting settlement visa /Spouse Visa holders did you hear? An absence of 2 weeks during the 2 years on Spouse Visa should not affect your application for ILR at the end of the period in 2008.
Jabi

bell01204
Newly Registered

Post by bell01204 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:59 pm

thanks a lot for your reply. Btw, do I need to tell the home office |if i wish to go to Manila for a 2 week holiday or it's no longer needed?

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:15 pm

"Or its no longer needed?".. as in people used to do that before- take the permission of the HO before going on a holiday?

You will have plenty of time to tell the HO about your holiday when you apply for your ILR. No need to do such a thing now.
Jabi

bell01204
Newly Registered

Post by bell01204 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:09 pm

Sorry for my ignorance, just want to make sure that I will not encounter any problem on the Immigration, although I have not seen any or heard of any that says it is needed. On the second thought, will I be needing a travel insurance too even if I am not yet a British Citizen? Wii I qualify for it as my husband wants to make sure that my luggage and personal belongings get insured for any unforseen events. Thanks a lot and you've been a great help.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:32 pm

bell01204, you have a multi-entry visa. You are certainly allowed to leave the UK and later return.

As regards possible problem getting ILR, that would only happen if your time outside the UK was excessive or it was clear that you were using your settlement visa like some sort of glorified visitor visa. But clearly you are not doing that. You are most certainly allowed to take foreign (outside the UK) holidays.

Travel insurance? Yes of course you need that.
John

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:12 pm

bell01204, your nationality has nothing to do with travel insurance. You will be needing one whether you are British or from any other country in this whole wide world. If you and your husband decide that you need to get one, all you have to do is find the right one and buy it... as simple as that. No nationalities asked!
Jabi