ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query Regarding P60

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amit99
Newly Registered

Query Regarding P60

Post by amit99 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:51 pm

Hi,
I am Tier 1 ILR applicant and applying for ILR soon. I understand that last 5 years of P60 form is one of the requireddocument by UKBA.

I am working through my own limited company from 2011 onwards but worked as permanent employee from 2008 till 2011. During that period, my employer used to file the tax on behalf of me and send me the soft copy of P60 document through mail. Would the printed copy of P60 form sent in mail work or UKBA woult expect hard copy/attested copy of P60 documents?

It seems very challenging to get the hard copy/attested copy of P60 from my previous employer.

Please advise.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Query Regarding P60

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:06 pm

amit99 wrote:Hi,
I am Tier 1 ILR applicant and applying for ILR soon. I understand that last 5 years of P60 form is one of the requireddocument by UKBA.

I am working through my own limited company from 2011 onwards but worked as permanent employee from 2008 till 2011. During that period, my employer used to file the tax on behalf of me and send me the soft copy of P60 document through mail. Would the printed copy of P60 form sent in mail work or UKBA woult expect hard copy/attested copy of P60 documents?

It seems very challenging to get the hard copy/attested copy of P60 from my previous employer.

Please advise.
You could get your E-mail Copy of your P60 certified by your Employer. Also call HMRC for your Employment History,which will be accepted by UKBA.

uksettlement
India

Re: Query Regarding P60

Post by uksettlement » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:49 pm

amit99 wrote:Hi,

Please advise.
P60 isn't a requirement. I was never asked for p60s. If requested by the caseworker you can just say its not in the requirements!
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:24 pm

You can call HMRC and they will send you previous years tax history. Not sure how can you use for application, you need to read guidance notes.
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice