ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAF 5 application form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Watandar
Netherlands

VAF 5 application form

Post by Watandar » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:39 pm

Dear members,

I have a question about filling out VAF 5 form. I have read on the forum that it is not required to answer all questions. I hope people who already have handed in their form can help us to fill out the VAF5.

Afghans can not apply only so my wife has to hand in the hard copy.

On the first page one has to fill in the main purpose and how long one intend to stay and travel date. Main purpose is clear: to join EEA spouse.
How long you intend to stay? Is that ''as long as my EEA spouse is in the UK?

Travel dates: On which date do you wish to travel to UK and on which date will you leave UK.

I do not know when my application will be accepted. We are planning to apply in April 2013 but as long as we do not have EEA family permit, I can not buy tickets. So what do I have to answer here?

Part 1 to 7 are clear.

Part 8

Question 8.4 EEA national employement
Question 8.10 EEA national's current finances and employement

Is it really necessary to answer both question? In Question 8.4 I already give them my employement details. Why do they ask the same questions again in 8.10?

Thank you for your help.

Watandar
Netherlands

Post by Watandar » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:58 pm

Do I have to hand in an endorsed copy of my passport or will a normale copy be accepted as well?

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:20 pm

Watandar wrote:Do I have to hand in an endorsed copy of my passport or will a normale copy be accepted as well?
You will need a certified copy of your passport, this can be done by the embassy of your country.

frei
BANNED

Re: VAF 5 application form

Post by frei » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:37 pm

Watandar wrote:Dear members,

Part 8

Is it really necessary to answer both question? In Question 8.4 I already give them my employement details. Why do they ask the same questions again in 8.10?

Thank you for your help.

These questions are irrelevant. Ignore. I'd put not applicable.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:22 pm

Watandar wrote:Do I have to hand in an endorsed copy of my passport or will a normale copy be accepted as well?
A copy will be fine.

swordfish
Bangladesh

Post by swordfish » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:51 am

frei wrote:
You will need a certified copy of your passport, this can be done by the embassy of your country.
hi, I've prob with this. I'm from bangladesh.my wife is latvian currently living in cyprus. either in cyprus or in bangladesh dont have any latvian embassy. so how can i submit her embassy certified copy? or i just submit her normal copy?

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:25 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
Watandar wrote:Do
I have to hand in an endorsed copy of my passport or will a normale
copy be accepted as well?
A copy will be fine.
A certified copy, UKBA maintains that EEA national's passport be certified for FP applications.

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:34 am

swordfish wrote:
frei wrote:
You will need a certified copy of your passport, this can be done by the
embassy of your country.
hi, I've prob with this. I'm from bangladesh.my wife is latvian
currently living in cyprus. either in cyprus or in bangladesh dont have
any latvian embassy. so how can i submit her embassy certified copy? or i
just submit her normal copy?
Can be certfied by a lawyer, will also be better with a short accompanying letter from the lawyer.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:20 am

UKBA will ask you to produce the copy of EEA national's passport endorsed buy EEA national's country's embassy.
They will not accept a copy certified by Solicitor or anyone else.

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:44 pm

rebel82 wrote:UKBA will ask you to produce the copy of EEA national's passport endorsed buy EEA national's country's embassy.
Certified copy by a lawyer will be accepted, I know of someone did it just that way.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:49 pm

frei wrote:
rebel82 wrote:UKBA will ask you to produce the copy of EEA national's passport endorsed buy EEA national's country's embassy.
Certified copy by a lawyer will be accepted, I know of someone did it just that way.
Hi Frei, With all the respect I had the experience in British High commission Dublin and I gave them a copy attested by the solicitor and they sent me back asking for copy endorsed by my spouse's country's embassy. So We went to the embassy it cost €30.00 to get that sorted.
When you apply, you should include all the documents that you can to show that you are a family member of an EEA national. These should include:

a copy of the EEA national's passport, endorsed by the EEA national's embassy in the country of application; and
proof of your relationship to the EEA national (for example, your birth certificate or marriage certificate); and
a letter from the EEA national, declaring that you are travelling with them or are joining them in the UK.
Also here is the link for full page.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... documents/

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:02 pm

Very remarkable thing to do, certification from a lawyer should be acceptable, my friend used a lawyer here in German, although his country embassy is here but far from where he lives.

Worldbridge accepted it without problem.

Watandar
Netherlands

Post by Watandar » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:52 pm

frei wrote:
I assume I can do this at the Dutch consulate in Edingburgh? Or does that have to be done in Afghanistan?

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:28 pm

Watandar wrote: I assume I can do this at the Dutch consulate in Edingburgh? Or does that have to be done in Afghanistan?
Dutch embassy in Edinburgh will be absolutely fine.

Watandar
Netherlands

Post by Watandar » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:43 pm

frei wrote:

Part 8

Thank you for your help.

Can you maybe help me with the following:

Before Part 1 starts, we have to answers the following questions:
- How long do you intend to stay in UK
- Travel dates (on which date you wish to travel and on which date you leave UK).

How can one tel on which date we wish to travel if we do not know when our application will be accepted?

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:56 pm

Date one wishes to travel should be after 3 weeks, most EEA-FP decisions are made in that time frame, so any proposed date should be set after 3 weeks. Date you wish to leave UK is not really of importance unless you actually will be leaving at a specific date you had in mind. So you could fill any date as you wish.

I know they know exit date is not important, they still include it in the form, it's just dumb.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:47 pm

frei wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
A copy will be fine.
A certified copy, UKBA maintains that EEA national's passport be certified for FP applications.
Are you posting from experience?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:48 pm

frei wrote:
Copy will be fine, I know of someone who did it that way.

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:01 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
Copy will be fine, I know of someone who did it that way.
rebel82 wrote: Hi Frei, With all the respect I had the experience in British High commission Dublin and I gave them a copy attested by the solicitor and they sent me back asking for copy endorsed by my spouse's country's embassy. So We went to the embassy it cost €30.00 to get that sorted.
When you apply, you should include all the documents that you can to show that you are a family member of an EEA national. These should include:

a copy of the EEA national's passport, endorsed by the EEA national's embassy in the country of application; and
proof of your relationship to the EEA national (for example, your birth certificate or marriage certificate); and
a letter from the EEA national, declaring that you are travelling with them or are joining them in the UK.

I personally do not have an experience, I have friends who applied from here and at some other post, sometimes they enforce it sometimes they do not, I know 3 people who have applied and received their EEA-FP from here they have all done the certification.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:09 pm

Ok. The fact that one has provided a certified copy does not prove that a normal copy will not suffice. Last time I checked the VAF5 guidance (it's a pdf on the UKBA website), it said copy. (I know that their website suggests that they expect EU national to travel to their country's embassy and have a certified copy made, which frankly is a pain).

It would be good if UKBA could give consistent guidance.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:11 pm

rebel82 wrote: Hi Frei, With all the respect I had the experience in British High commission Dublin and I gave them a copy attested by the solicitor and they sent me back asking for copy endorsed by my spouse's country's embassy. So We went to the embassy it cost €30.00 to get that sorted.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... documents/
You should complain. The pdf guidance says copy.
Evidence of your sponsor’s nationality
This could be copies of:
bio-data pages from their passport
their national identity document
their residence permit

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:18 pm

Watandar wrote: How can one tel on which date we wish to travel if we do not know when our application will be accepted?
If you want to travel as soon as possible, you can put down today's date or say as soon as possible.

It is possible to post date the permit if you wish (up to three months' in advance as I recall). It would be valid for six months post the date that it becomes valid.

Watandar
Netherlands

Post by Watandar » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:33 pm

In part 8 one has to answer questions like:
Have EEA national been in a relationship before, does EU national have any childeren,

Is that relavant for UKBA to know my history and who has been in a relationship with me?

Watandar
Netherlands

Post by Watandar » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:54 pm

Hi,

one of the members had posted below covering letter. I was wondering if this is a correct covering letter I can use for my application?

Dear UKBA,

I, ____ ____, Austrian Citizen, would like to let you know my husband, _____ ____, of __ years will be accompanying me to the United Kingdom in the incoming weeks, for which he will need to be issued with an EEA Family Permit.

Therefore, as European Citizen, I would like to exercise my rights of free movement as indicated on Directive 2004/38/EC.

I have enclosed the following supporting documents:
• My Passport or Certified Copy of my Passport (Pick you choice)
• My husband’s original passport
• Marriage Certificate
• A photograph as per requirements

I look forward to receiving my Husband’s original passport with the Family Permit. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me at (-------- or -------). I welcome communication by email at: --------@-----.com

Kind Regards,

Question 8.6: Your EEA Residency
Do you have a valid residence card or visa for an EEA member country

Does de EEA national have to answer the question or the non EEA spouse?

Watandar
Netherlands

Post by Watandar » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:43 pm

Dear EUsmileWEallsmile or any other moderator can you please confirm I can ignore question 8.4 EEA national's Employement and 8.10 EEA national's current finances and employement

I would be greatful if one of the outstanding members / members who already have applied for an EEA permit can help me with below question.
frei wrote:

Part 8

Thank you for your help.