ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 Return envelope

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

speeed
Newly Registered

EEA4 Return envelope

Post by speeed » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:12 am

hi guys this is my first ever post

1st of all 5 STARS for Immigrationboard team for their fantastic effort to provide people with free and honest immigration advice, you rock guys, Keep it up.

Now my question, i sent my EEA4 application in October 2012, (after completing 5 years on EEA2 living with my EU national wife and 2/5 years old son) received COA within a week. not even bothered how long they are taking to process my case as my application is genuine as anything.

anyhow when i sent my application i forgot to send a recorded return envelope. i read on UKBA site that it will be sent as Standard Royal Mail.

my concern here is that i don't think if the returned application is slim enough to be pushed in to the door latter box ........... wondering how would the postman handle with such situation.......... (obviously very important documents inside)

i tried the contact number for the EEA applications on the UKBA site but never been able to speak to someone always reach the point where it says this call will end now

I would like to thanks in advance for any information, Cheers.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:31 pm

If you wish you can send them special delivery envelope and request them to use it for the return of your documents on decision. It will also facilitate you in tracking your documents.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: EEA4 Return envelope

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:16 pm

speeed wrote:hi guys this is my first ever post

1st of all 5 STARS for Immigrationboard team for their fantastic effort to provide people with free and honest immigration advice, you rock guys, Keep it up.

Now my question, i sent my EEA4 application in October 2012, (after completing 5 years on EEA2 living with my EU national wife and 2/5 years old son) received COA within a week. not even bothered how long they are taking to process my case as my application is genuine as anything.

anyhow when i sent my application i forgot to send a recorded return envelope. i read on UKBA site that it will be sent as Standard Royal Mail.

my concern here is that i don't think if the returned application is slim enough to be pushed in to the door latter box ........... wondering how would the postman handle with such situation.......... (obviously very important documents inside)

i tried the contact number for the EEA applications on the UKBA site but never been able to speak to someone always reach the point where it says this call will end now

I would like to thanks in advance for any information, Cheers.
I would recommend that you send them a special delivery envelope, send a cover letter stating that you'd overlooked this and would like your documents to be sent this way. This would be tracked and be more secure for you.

In the event that the postman is unable to deliver, a card will be left with instructions as to how and where you can collect your mail.

speeed
Newly Registered

Post by speeed » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:37 pm

thanks alot guys,
i will send them a letter along with a recorded delivery return envelope.

one more thing i got on mind is
i completed 5 years on eea2 in October 2012

the law is to be on restriction free visa (Permanent resident or ILR) for one year

my question is as my application might be in the home office for 6 moths for EEA4 and God knows what PR issue date i get.

would my qualifying time for naturalization start from October 2012 or from the date the PR was issued.
thanks ....

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:22 pm

You would be restriction free on the date that you became so (Oct 2012 in your case). You may need to demonstrate that if you chose to apply.

speeed
Newly Registered

Post by speeed » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:52 am

UPDATE

Just to help anyone who forgot to send return envelope.

Got my docs back

they were sent to me by 2nd class Royal mail Recorded delivery.
Hope in future someone benefits from this information.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:23 pm

Normally they use same royal mail service unless an applicant send itself prepaid special mail delivery envelope for return.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS