ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen 90-day Waiting Period?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Flaneuse78
Newly Registered

Schengen 90-day Waiting Period?

Post by Flaneuse78 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:35 am

Hello all,

I am an American, recently returned from a three-month trip into Schengen territory as a tourist. During this time, I was invited back to speak at a conference in France next month. I understand that Schengen rules state that once a person has stayed over 90 days, he/she must stay away for 3 months. So my question is: How do I go about getting back into Schengen territory before the 90-day waiting period ends? Should I apply for a Schengen visa, or should I try getting a France visa? If I got a French visa, would that allow me to travel within Schengen territory?

I'm a little confused by all of this, so any advice would be great. Thanks!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:31 pm

I would strongly urge you to get written letter of invitation to the conference, and make sure you have several cellphone numbers for the organizers. You should also have enough money (credit cards and cash) and a return flight ticket home.

If you have all of this and an American passport, I would be surprised if anyone gives you any problem.

And presumably the conference only lasts for a few days...