ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring Family VISIT VISA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Due4ILR
Newly Registered

Sponsoring Family VISIT VISA

Post by Due4ILR » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:48 am

Hi,

Need information on Sponsoring Family VISIT VISA.

I've sponsored my parents recently (in Nov/Dec 2012) to VISIT myself & family in UK (VISA I applied is valid for 5 Years). They have been issued VISA for 5 years, However terms of more than 6 months is applied.

They are in UK with me, and they will be going back in end of April.

Now, I'm planning to apply my In-law to come and stay with us. Again applying for their long term VISA (5 Years).

I'm british passport holder and in permanent job. I've sufficient fund to support them during their stay in UK. They did visited me previously (in 2010).

My Question - Is there any restriction on number of VISA a person can sponsor? or Will UKBA question on recently, I've sponsor my parents and sending another sponsorship?

Need urgent advise please !

Many Thanks,

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:51 pm

Your limit on sponsoring visitors is tied to your ability to finance their visits. When you say you wish to sponsor a visitor one assumes you will be providing money and accommodation, otherwise you are not actually a sponsor; you are merely the person they will visit. If you have sufficient cash flow to continue sponsoring visitors, you can do so. However, if these new visitors clash with your existing visitors (at any point over the five years), there may be an issue over where they will all be accommodated. Can they all fit in the same house at the same time? Because you are requesting long-term visas (and there is no guarantee of getting them), unless you have a very large house with lots of rooms, the ECO will never be able to define if there adequate accommodation as he won't know who is visiting and when.