ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SoftwareDeveloper as countersignatory for child passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahid2000
Member of Standing

SoftwareDeveloper as countersignatory for child passport

Post by shahid2000 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:39 pm

Can a Software Developer be used as a countersignatory for my child's first passport?

I asked the post office clerk when i went to get the form and she said he can be but i just need to make sure. please comment what you think.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:42 pm

comments anyone?
Has anyone used a software engineer countersignatory for their passport?
I cannot find anyone else who is british and knows me for 2 years :(

humanvoid

Post by humanvoid » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:49 pm

Same here, struggling to find someone from "well-known in community" to get his signature.

I called IPS and they say it must be at least a company director/manager or anyone from that list of professionals (MPs, police officers, solicitors etc) and who knows you for at least two years.

Other working class is not considered "professional enough" by them. In general it sounds ridiculous to get someone to verify that I am a parent of a child.

This rule is not designed for immigrants who lives here for 5 years, however we have to play by their rules.

I wonder why GP is not on the list, anyone?

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:15 pm

Updates:

I managed to find a friend who owns a one man company and got it signed by him. It worked smoothly and received the passport today.