ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Academic or Professional Qualification

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MSI GEEK

Academic or Professional Qualification

Post by MSI GEEK » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:11 am

Would the following Qualification be considered ACADEMIC or PROFESSIONAL Qualification by HSMP team:

Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics) Degree

University of Mumbai, India

Reshma

Post by Reshma » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:06 pm

Those who have done CA, Diploma etc can get the NARIC letter and claim their course as a UK equivalent professional or vocational degree.
Those are professional courses but not graduation courses.

Yours is both an academic and professional qualification.
But claim the points only for academic qualification.
In case of your engineering degree, mention it as a graduation course and claim the points for 'academics'.

Don't just take my comments for granted. Hear from others too.

leeroy1977
Newly Registered

very strange HSMP case...

Post by leeroy1977 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:37 pm

dear all,
i'm a doctor working in the UK for more than a year now on work permit,i applied for the first time for the HSMP and i was rejected because my qualification(MB,CHB degree) was not recognized by NARIC although i am fully registered with the general medical council and i passed the PLAB exam which allow me to practise medicine in the UK!!

NARIC recognized my degree as (MEDICAL DIPLOMA!!)
i don't know how can i be a doctor working in the uk with a degree of MEDICAL DIPLOME and not a full degree!

can anyone help plesae,i need to apply again as the GMC is not that helpfull

thanks..

MSI GEEK

Post by MSI GEEK » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Anyone with HSMP approval with Bachelor of Engineering Degree (India)?

Did you mention the same as ACADEMIC OR PROFESSIONAL qualification in the HSMP application form?

rasinrdj

BCom Vocational from Osmania University

Post by rasinrdj » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:30 pm

Hi friends,
I have done BCom (Vocational) from Anwar-Ul-Uloom college, I have received the degree from Osmania and on the degree it sates Bachelor of Commerce (Vocational). I know from these forums that BCom from osmania is considered UK Bachelors equivalent my doubt is BCom (Vocational) also considered equal? Somebody please help, I have prepared all the documents also got letter from Osmania regarding medium of instruction, just waiting for this slight clarification. I have done MBA so I am showing BCom only as a proof of english and not claiming any points from it.

Thanks & Regards