ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependant Form or FLR (M) for ILR Dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mustafa.hamdani

PBS Dependant Form or FLR (M) for ILR Dependant

Post by mustafa.hamdani » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:45 am

Hi All,

Next month I'm applying for my ILR after being on Tier-1 (General) for 5 year (first 2 years on HSMP though). Although my case is straight forward but I'm confused about my wife's situation as she has only spent a bit over 1 year in UK, so can either get an extension as PBS Dependant or switch to Spouse visa using FLR(M).

Now I'm confused about which is the better option for her. Any advise/recommendation will be appreciated.

I've mainly confusion on the following 2 points:

1. If she applies using FLR(M), would it restart her qualifying period, and will it change from 2 to 5 years?

2. If she gets extension as PBS dependant then she can apply for ILR next year using SET(O). In his case who will be main applicant on SET(O); her or me? Also would I need to qualify on points again next year (just for her ILR), although I've already got my ILR?

Thanks,

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:50 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jojybaba

Post by jojybaba » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:02 am

ignor flr M,,,only option is Teir 1 pbs dependent form,,,i have same case,i did in this form after great research
vinny wrote:PBS Dependant.

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:07 am

Please read through this tread it will help you
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:41 am

How many years will UKBA grant -Dependent visa after main applicant got ILR ??

Pls advise

mustafa.hamdani

Post by mustafa.hamdani » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:05 pm

Thanks everyone. Very helpful. I've got my answers. :D

mustafa.hamdani

Post by mustafa.hamdani » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:06 pm

@pegakrishna: I'm not sure but my understanding is either 2 or 3 years. Although I can confirm next month, once my wife gets her extension.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:13 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:25 pm

mustafa.hamdani wrote:@pegakrishna: I'm not sure but my understanding is either 2 or 3 years. Although I can confirm next month, once my wife gets her extension.
Thanks mustafa. I will look forward to hear from you.

BTW, Could you please share ILR Docs checklist ? I'm a perm employee and I hope your case is similar.

mustafa.hamdani

Post by mustafa.hamdani » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:46 pm

@pegakrishna: I'm a perm employee as well. Here are the documents I'm providing with my application:

1. Passport (Old + New) + Copies
2. Photographs (2)
3. Salary Slips (12 months)
4. Bank Statement (12 months)
5. Life in the UK Test
6. Employment Letter (from current employer only).

As I'm applying at PEO office, therefore I'll also be carrying the following documents, just in case they ask for them:

1. Last 5 years P60s
2. Degrees + IELTS Certificate

mustafa.hamdani

Post by mustafa.hamdani » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:04 pm

I've one more question if anyone knows the answer. I've subscribed to online bank statements (in pdf format). If I take their coloured printouts, they look like real statements. Can I use their colour print outs or do I need to ask my bank to post me the statements for last 12 months?

PS: I have an account with Barclays. and I guess many people are aware of the quality of their duplicate bank statements.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:16 pm

Thanks mustafa for the details

I would like to inform you, if you are applying after 6 April, you need to take an employer letter to confirm your annual absences including vacation trips to your home country. It's applicable for WP + Tier 1 G holders too.

To answer your question, Yes- you need to sign & stamped by barcalys manager which will be considered equivalent to Original bank statements.

You can find the details in UKBA website.

mustafa.hamdani

Post by mustafa.hamdani » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:21 pm

Thanks @pegakrishna

My appointment is on 3rd of April :D

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:22 pm

Nice one. All the best mustafa

mustafa.hamdani

Post by mustafa.hamdani » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:53 pm

pegakrishna wrote:
mustafa.hamdani wrote:@pegakrishna: I'm not sure but my understanding is either 2 or 3 years. Although I can confirm next month, once my wife gets her extension.
Thanks mustafa. I will look forward to hear from you.

BTW, Could you please share ILR Docs checklist ? I'm a perm employee and I hope your case is similar.
Hi @pegakrishna as I said I'll confirm you once my wife gets her visa, so I got my ILR today and my wife got extension as PBS dependent. Case worker said my wife will be given 2 years visa (although she only needs an extension for 1 more year).

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:20 pm

319D(a) wrote:(ii) If the Relevant Points-Based System Migrant has indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or is, at the same time being granted indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or where the Relevant Points-Based System Migrant has since become a British Citizen, leave to remain will be granted to the applicant for a period of 3 years.

everfor

Post by everfor » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:50 pm

mustafa.hamdani wrote:Thanks @pegakrishna

My appointment is on 3rd of April :D
@@mustafa

I am in same boat as your, applying my ilr soon and for my wife as pbs dependent. Could you please share your experience faced in POE appointment. Which application form did you filled for your wife? And what documents you have submitted to support your wife application? How many years they stamped for her? Any questions from CW?

Unfortunately my wife came here few months ago and she falls in 5 years rule. Not sure how many years they will stamp here...

Appreciate your help mate..

mustafa.hamdani

Post by mustafa.hamdani » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:07 pm

@everfor

I filled SET(O) for my application and PBS dependant for my wife.

I booked 2 separate appointments at the same time and same place (Solihull). At the reception/security I told them my situation and asked them whether they will give 2 separate ticket number to be called by case workers or just one. They said they will give us 2 separate tickets but once mine is called I can take my wife with me and talk to case worker about it.

When my number was called I took my wife with me and explained the situation to case worker (luckily my case worker was very friendly) and the case worker said that she will deal with my wife's application as well (so she called my wife's number on her desk too, just to make sure that no other case worker calls her).

I first submitted my application and gave her all the documents she asked for, she only asked for the required documents, no extras like P60, etc. Then she took my wife's application and only asked if we have any proof that we are living together, although it is not a requirement but she just asked for it. I only gave the latest council tax bill and that was it. Nothing else, she didn't even ask me for a separate copy of bank statement for my wife, she used one statement for both applications.

As far as questions are concerned, case worker only asked me 2 questions:

1. Am I self employed or an employee of some company?
2. Am I still working at the same company, which I was working at when I applied for extension 3 years ago.

Also my wife got 3 years extension (although she only needs 10 months but thats the rule) and I think it will be same for your wife. So you might need to get one more extension for her before she can permanently settle here.

I hope this answers your questions.

everfor

Post by everfor » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:42 pm

mustafa.hamdani wrote:@everfor

I booked 2 separate appointments at the same time and same place (Solihull). At the reception/security I told them my situation and asked them whether they will give 2 separate ticket number to be called by case workers or just one. They said they will give us 2 separate tickets but once mine is called I can take my wife with me and talk to case worker about it.

When my number was called I took my wife with me and explained the situation to case worker (luckily my case worker was very friendly) and the case worker said that she will deal with my wife's application as well (so she called my wife's number on her desk too, just to make sure that no other case worker calls her).

I first submitted my application and gave her all the documents she asked for, she only asked for the required documents, no extras like P60, etc. Then she took my wife's application and only asked if we have any proof that we are living together, although it is not a requirement but she just asked for it. I only gave the latest council tax bill and that was it. Nothing else, she didn't even ask me for a separate copy of bank statement for my wife, she used one statement for both applications.

2. Am I still working at the same company, which I was working at when I applied for extension 3 years ago.

Also my wife got 3 years extension (although she only needs 10 months but thats the rule) and I think it will be same for your wife. So you might need to get one more extension for her before she can permanently settle here.

Again it's me. Thank you for previous reply its very helpful. For your wife did you booked in Tier 1 dependent premium service ? or normal? Did you used same login for booking the both appointments i.e ilr +pbs dep or separate login profile? pls advise

mustafa.hamdani

Post by mustafa.hamdani » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:03 pm

@everfor

I booked a premium appointment for my wife and used 2 different logins to book appointments.

pardeep01
Newly Registered

PBS dependent extension

Post by pardeep01 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:42 am

Hi Mustafa,
Thanks for sharing the useful information, as you said your wife granted PBS dependent extension, now the question is, does she need to complete 5 years to apply ILR or she could submit ILR application after 3 years as the current visa granted for 3 years?

pardeep

fannofler

Post by fannofler » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:48 pm

Hi - Just read your post - very useful thanks

I am planning to do the same, Apply for my ILR (tier 1 gen 5 yrs route), and get my wife's Tier 1 Dependant on the same day at PEO.

I have already booked my appointment for november but when i try to book my wife's appoint for same day, i select PBS dependent (tier 1,2 and 5) and go through the form it shows a fee of £1920 which is not correct.

What am I doing wrong.

mustafa.hamdani wrote:@everfor

mustafa.hamdani

Re: PBS dependent extension

Post by mustafa.hamdani » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:08 pm

pardeep01 wrote:Hi Mustafa,
Thanks for sharing the useful information, as you said your wife granted PBS dependent extension, now the question is, does she need to complete 5 years to apply ILR or she could submit ILR application after 3 years as the current visa granted for 3 years?

pardeep
My wife does not need to wait wife years, not even 3 because she came before rule changes of July 2012, so she will be eligible to apply for ILR in Feb 2014 (after 2 years of her first entry into UK).

Had she come after July 2012 then under the new rules she had to be here for 5 years, which would have meant another extension.

I hope this answers your question.

mustafa.hamdani

Post by mustafa.hamdani » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:15 pm

fannofler wrote:Hi - Just read your post - very useful thanks

I am planning to do the same, Apply for my ILR (tier 1 gen 5 yrs route), and get my wife's Tier 1 Dependant on the same day at PEO.

I have already booked my appointment for november but when i try to book my wife's appoint for same day, i select PBS dependent (tier 1,2 and 5) and go through the form it shows a fee of £1920 which is not correct.

What am I doing wrong.
@fannoler, if you look for fees on the UKBA website, you'll see that the fee is £1920 for PBS dependant, if you apply in person

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/fees/#

fannofler

Post by fannofler » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:26 pm

Thanks Mustafa
Big difference between PBS Dependant Tier 1 and FLR(M)

Any major disadvantages of goign for FLR(M) for the wife, She has a UK University Masters degree which should cover English requirements(i hope) and my income is good enough to cover us both.

Just like to get some opinions please
mustafa.hamdani wrote:
fannofler wrote:Hi - Just read your post - very useful thanks

What am I doing wrong.
@fannoler, if you look for fees on the UKBA website, you'll see that the fee is £1920 for PBS dependant, if you apply in person

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/fees/#