ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Dependent Visa Extension - Need Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jacob123

Tier 1 General Dependent Visa Extension - Need Help

Post by Jacob123 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:50 pm

Dear members,

I am applying for Tier 1 Ext for my wife as dependent who is currently with me in the united Kingdom on Tier 1 dependent visa. She will be applying with me for the extension.

I had got my previous tier 1 General visa in the UK. My wife had applied for previous Tier 1 dependent visa in India and she successfully got the visa. Later we realised that there was an error in her visa. the visa expiry date was less than mine (main appicant's visa). By the time we realised this she had travelled to the UK. Once she was here we notified this to the UKBA and they issued a new visa (resident permit, stamped in the passport.........not the BRP) that made my wife's visa expiry date same as mine.

We are applying for extension and completing the dependent form. I need guidence for section k5 to k9 (page 22 of the dependent visa form) do we need to enter details for the visa that we got in India or the revised one we got in the UK for the questions in these sections.

The questions are written below for easy refence.
k5- Did you have a visa or entry clearance when you came to the UK
K6 - In which country did hyou obtain your visa or entry clerance
k7 - what is the reference no of the visa or entry clerance
k8 - what date was your visa or entry clerance valid from
k9 - what date was your visa or entry clerance valid to

Answer of K5 will be yes and then for K6 the answer will be India. In that case for K7 to K9 naturally I would need to enter details for the Indian visa which is not the right one as the revised correct visa is the one we got in the UK. If I enter India visa details then the case officer will think that the visa has already expired and we are applying late, which is not the case as we have a revised visa issued in the UK. Where shd I write about the UK visa.

I have mentioned this in the cover letter, however not sure if that is the best way to do.

Please advise.

Cheers,
Jacob.

Jacob123

Post by Jacob123 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:36 pm

Gurus, Pls guide on this.

Cheers,
Jacob