ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long does it normally take to get a "join spouse vi

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samia12
Newly Registered

How long does it normally take to get a "join spouse vi

Post by samia12 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:51 pm

I have applied for my visa around the end of feb. Just wanted to know for how long would I have to wait to get my visa. If anyone reading this have been in the same situation, how long did you have to wait until you got your spouse visa. Isn't there any way to get it faster? By the way i'm from pakistan and my husand is an Irish citizen.

samia12
Newly Registered

Re: How long does it normally take to get a "join spous

Post by samia12 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:54 pm

[quote="samia12"]I have applied for my visa around the end of feb. Just wanted to know for how long would I have to wait to get my visa. If anyone reading this have been in the same situation, how long did you have to wait until you got your spouse visa. Isn't there any way to get it faster? By the way i'm from pakistan and my husand is an Irish citizen.[/quote]

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:03 pm

[quote="samia12"][quote="samia12"]I have applied for my visa around the end of feb. Just wanted to know for how long would I have to wait to get my visa. If anyone reading this have been in the same situation, how long did you have to wait until you got your spouse visa. Isn't there any way to get it faster? By the way i'm from pakistan and my husand is an Irish citizen.[/quote][/quote]salaam sania kaya haal hai.it can take up to 12 months to get spouse visa. I never been in this situation but im sure my answer is right,but will look forward for more information.ager kuch aur information chaiyay pkz let me know thanks.

samia12
Newly Registered

Post by samia12 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:09 pm

Zohaibmustafa wrote:
samia12 wrote:
samia12 wrote:I have applied for my visa around the end of feb. Just wanted to know for how long would I have to wait to get my visa. If anyone reading this have been in the same situation, how long did you have to wait until you got your spouse visa. Isn't there any way to get it faster? By the way i'm from pakistan and my husand is an Irish citizen.
salaam sania kaya haal hai.it can take up to 12 months to get spouse visa. I never been in this situation but im sure my answer is right,but will look forward for more information.ager kuch aur information chaiyay pkz let me know thanks.

12 months? thats mad. i was looking for some genuine information here. they guy at embassy told me it would take 2 months. but still would like to know about other people's situation. Dont know from where you heard about an year processing time to just get a visa.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:11 pm

samia12 wrote:12 months? thats mad. i was looking for some genuine information here. they guy at embassy told me it would take 2 months. but still would like to know about other people's situation. Dont know from where you heard about an year processing time to just get a visa.
S/he was right. It could take up to 12 months. Up to. It doesn't necessary means it must take 12 months. Just anything between a months and 12 months.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:27 pm

[quote="IntegratedMigrant"][quote="samia12"]12 months? thats mad. i was looking for some genuine information here. they guy at embassy told me it would take 2 months. but still would like to know about other people's situation. Dont know from where you heard about an year processing time to just get a visa.[/quote]

S/he was right. It could take up to 12 months. Up to. It doesn't necessary means it must take 12 months. Just anything between a months and 12 months.[/quote]
Thank god my information was right thanks integratedmigrant

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:29 pm

Thats good my information was right tha ks integerated.samia im from pakistan myself.wat part of pakistan ur from? Are u currently in Dublin?

samia12
Newly Registered

Post by samia12 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:32 pm

Zohaibmustafa wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
samia12 wrote:12 months? thats mad. i was looking for some genuine information here. they guy at embassy told me it would take 2 months. but still would like to know about other people's situation. Dont know from where you heard about an year processing time to just get a visa.
S/he was right. It could take up to 12 months. Up to. It doesn't necessary means it must take 12 months. Just anything between a months and 12 months.
Thank god my information was right thanks integratedmigrant
If it could take that long then i'm sure people should consider other options.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:07 pm

samia12 wrote:If it could take that long then i'm sure people should consider other options.
There arent much option that will give you stability after your arrival in Ireland.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:16 am

samia12 wrote:I have applied for my visa around the end of feb. Just wanted to know for how long would I have to wait to get my visa. If anyone reading this have been in the same situation, how long did you have to wait until you got your spouse visa. Isn't there any way to get it faster? By the way i'm from pakistan and my husand is an Irish citizen.
Hi,

As previous poster said it could take between 2 months to 12 months depending on your case and luck.
Friend of mine's wife got approved after 5 months and still visa is not in hand just approval.
If you husband has a stable job here and enough money in bank there shouldn't be problem.
I wish you best of luck

samia12
Newly Registered

Post by samia12 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:48 pm

rebel82 wrote:
Hi,

As previous poster said it could take between 2 months to 12 months depending on your case and luck.
Friend of mine's wife got approved after 5 months and still visa is not in hand just approval.
If you husband has a stable job here and enough money in bank there shouldn't be problem.
I wish you best of luck
Can't we do something to get my visa right on time that is after 2 months from the time of application. How about contacting a solicitor, or ringing the visa office in Ireland? because usually the application are just kept there without even looking at then. I have provided enough evidence to get my visa approved.

T & G

Post by T & G » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:15 pm

samia12 wrote:
rebel82 wrote:
Hi,

I wish you best of luck
Can't we do something to get my visa right on time that is after 2 months from the time of application. How about contacting a solicitor, or ringing the visa office in Ireland? because usually the application are just kept there without even looking at then. I have provided enough evidence to get my visa approved.

Hi there, I have the same problem in relation to join spouse visa. my husband has applied for join spouse visa about 11 months ago and its still under the examination process. I asked my solicitor and he sent the letter to Dublin department of justice and what they answered was- it takes time to be examined and it depends on a few factors. I dont think if there is anything you can do except for the wait. just have to be patient :( i know how hard it is but still...best of luck!

samia12
Newly Registered

Post by samia12 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:31 pm

T & G wrote:
samia12 wrote:
rebel82 wrote:
Hi,

I wish you best of luck

Hi there, I have the same problem in relation to join spouse visa. my husband has applied for join spouse visa about 11 months ago and its still under the examination process. I asked my solicitor and he sent the letter to Dublin department of justice and what they answered was- it takes time to be examined and it depends on a few factors. I dont think if there is anything you can do except for the wait. just have to be patient :( i know how hard it is but still...best of luck!
Sorry to hear that, if it takes that long why don't people move to other countries. I mean they have made it almost impossible to get the visa. Are you Irish national? whats your husband's nationality. So have guys been waiting for almost an year, n being apart. If i didn't get my visa right on time, I would just give up the idea of moving to Ireland for a while.

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:32 pm

Yes samia thousans of people are still waiting from last year.im also waiting over 6 months. And we all provide enough documents and proofs but we cant do nothing ealse but wait.so dont worry sub kuch acha ho ga bus DUAA kiya karo.ALLAH HAFIZ

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:59 pm

[quote="samia12]If i didn't get my visa right on time, I would just give up the idea of moving to Ireland for a while.[/quote]

Unfotunately, as they don't give timelines for visa examinaions, "on time" does't mean much here (it is crap, but the can do it). Sadly, I think one of the reasons they do this is that it is a way for them to make sure people really are in a commited relationship ... you can thank the people who are making applications based on sham marriages for that :-s

If your husband and yourself are not set on Ireland and would consider oher European countries, it would actually easier and couldn't take a year as you would be protected b EU laws which force the sates to make decisions quickly.

samia12
Newly Registered

Post by samia12 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:07 pm

jeupsy wrote:[quote="samia12]If i didn't get my visa right on time, I would just give up the idea of moving to Ireland for a while.
Unfotunately, as they don't give timelines for visa examinaions, "on time" does't mean much here (it is crap, but the can do it). Sadly, I think one of the reasons they do this is that it is a way for them to make sure people really are in a commited relationship ... you can thank the people who are making applications based on sham marriages for that :-s

If your husband and yourself are not set on Ireland and would consider oher European countries, it would actually easier and couldn't take a year as you would be protected b EU laws which force the sates to make decisions quickly.[/quote][/quote]

Being the spouse of an Irish national its my right to live there. Why do they want to know how strong is the relationship i mean isn't marriage certificate enough to prove that the relationship is real. I knew my husband for an year before we got married, but still as long as your showing them your marriage certificates, they should issue you visa right away. Though its the lame law there. What countries in europe i could move to in case i don't get my visa?

T & G

Post by T & G » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:11 pm

both we are from non-eeu country. i've been living here in Ireland for more than 4 years through family reunification.I hold a stamp 4. got married in my country last february and since then we've been waiting for join spouse visa. we sent all sufficient documents that was required. the only thing they asked was some evidence of our marriage. (they have our marriage cert. but they still wanted some proof) we sent all essential documents. and it was in July 2012!! we called and emailed them but they didnt answer our emails, thats why we decided to ask a solicitor for a help. well, he got the answer but nothing major- they just told him the very same as they had published on their website. /inis.gov.ie/

samia12
Newly Registered

Post by samia12 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:40 pm

T & G wrote:both we are from non-eeu country. i've been living here in Ireland for more than 4 years through family reunification.I hold a stamp 4. got married in my country last february and since then we've been waiting for join spouse visa. we sent all sufficient documents that was required. the only thing they asked was some evidence of our marriage. (they have our marriage cert. but they still wanted some proof) we sent all essential documents. and it was in July 2012!! we called and emailed them but they didnt answer our emails, thats why we decided to ask a solicitor for a help. well, he got the answer but nothing major- they just told him the very same as they had published on their website. /inis.gov.ie/
Could you give me their number?

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:44 pm

[quote="samia12"][quote="T & G"]both we are from non-eeu country. i've been living here in Ireland for more than 4 years through family reunification.I hold a stamp 4. got married in my country last february and since then we've been waiting for join spouse visa. we sent all sufficient documents that was required. the only thing they asked was some evidence of our marriage. (they have our marriage cert. but they still wanted some proof) we sent all essential documents. and it was in July 2012!! we called and emailed them but they didnt answer our emails, thats why we decided to ask a solicitor for a help. well, he got the answer but nothing major- they just told him the very same as they had published on their website. /inis.gov.ie/[/quote]

Could you give me their number?[/quote]
Whoz number??

T & G

Post by T & G » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:50 pm

samia12 wrote:
T & G wrote:both we are from non-eeu country. i've been living here in Ireland for more than 4 years through family reunification.I hold a stamp 4. got married in my country last february and since then we've been waiting for join spouse visa. we sent all sufficient documents that was required. the only thing they asked was some evidence of our marriage. (they have our marriage cert. but they still wanted some proof) we sent all essential documents. and it was in July 2012!! we called and emailed them but they didnt answer our emails, thats why we decided to ask a solicitor for a help. well, he got the answer but nothing major- they just told him the very same as they had published on their website. /inis.gov.ie/
there are the T numbers: 01-6167700 or Lo Call 1890 551 500
from 10.00am to 12.30pm each wednesday

samia12
Newly Registered

Post by samia12 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:52 pm

Zohaibmustafa wrote:
samia12 wrote:
Whoz number??
Dublin office or solicitor's number. That was for t and g. zohaib when i asked the question you wrote you havent been in the similar situation, n then just there your talking about your application. Please people with some information should reply to my post. thanks anyway

samia12
Newly Registered

Post by samia12 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:55 pm

T & G wrote:
samia12 wrote:
there are the T numbers: 01-6167700 or Lo Call 1890 551 500
from 10.00am to 12.30pm each wednesday
Is this solicitor number?

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:55 pm

Yea i wasnt in similar situation.but my application is about base on irish born child anyway if you want a good immegration solicitor.google brophy solicitor.and ring them they will help ya put.of u want u can give my reference.

T & G

Post by T & G » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:02 pm

no, these numbers are of the department of justice and equality. you need a immigration lawyer, you can google and find out numbers and addresses of your local solicitors. however i know some imm. lawyer in Limerick,if you need the phone number i can give you. good luck :)

samia12
Newly Registered

Post by samia12 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:06 pm

T & G wrote:no, these numbers are of the department of justice and equality. you need a immigration lawyer, you can google and find out numbers and addresses of your local solicitors. however i know some imm. lawyer in Limerick,if you need the phone number i can give you. good luck :)
Thanks for your help :)