ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self-Employed Tax Returns -Please Advise....

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

karthik_513

Self-Employed Tax Returns -Please Advise....

Post by karthik_513 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:18 pm

Hi All ...

i have my tier 1 general extension due in April 2013 and i had some financial problems earlier so i made an arrangement with
hmrc to pay my tax in installments (for the year 2010/11 and 2011/12) and the arrangement is up-till Aug 2013 now if i stick to the arrangement there will be a tax liability still on me when i apply for the
extension.

Please note I have declared the full amount to HMRC, which I have told UKBA as my earnings when I first got my tier 1 visa.

i even have a letter from hmrc confirming the same. Will that affect my tier 1 extension application or should i pay the remainder amount before i apply for the extension?

Please advise.

Thanks.

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:20 am

Nope... tax arrangement with HMRC has nothing to do with your visa application.

rdamsel

Post by rdamsel » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:25 am

Having said that HMRC and UKBA two separate departments .. However caseworker may request your previous years tax returns.

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... 31v1.0.pdf

karthik_513

Post by karthik_513 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:06 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply (bubin123 and rdamsel), really appreciate it.

As i have mentioned in me post that "I have declared the full amount to HMRC, which I have told UKBA as my earnings when I first got my tier 1 visa" and also I have filed my tax for the year 2011/12 as well (But my expenses for more, so i amount i filed was less that the previous year ).

Considering the above statement, even if UKBA requests HMRC about my previous years tax returns, can they refuse my extension on the grounds that i have tax arrears (which i will be paying in full by installments) ???

Please advise .

Thanks

karg_g

Post by karg_g » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:27 pm

Hi

Mostly shudnt be an issue. In fact I will bet ur 100% ok. My friend had the exact same issue and got this tier1 extended without any issue.

Just ask this question:
Ur a CW and will u reject this application? Yes, Then u need put the rejection reason thats where the law which is loaded in ur favour.
I try to give honest answers, however I might be wrong, kindly always check with your solicitor/accountant for final confirmation

umer81
Newly Registered

Post by umer81 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:24 pm

I think it will be fine, if they go down the route of verification with hmrc just for consideration than again you are paying them in installments which is fine. Many business do go under and if they have arrangements with hmrc than everything is legal as long as you do not disappear in between.