ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Processing Time (Extension Applications ONLY)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

monolyte

Re: Status Update

Post by monolyte » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:33 pm

H-Cube wrote:Hello All,

I got a letter from UKBA today, dated 15th of March, 2013.

The letter stated that "I am writing to update you on the current position of your application for leave to remain under Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)"

Then went on to recap the changes made on the 30th of January, 2013 by the Government and how it affects initial applications, including applications submitted prior to 31 January when it takes effect.

The two key changes made were highlighted:
1. The introduction of a genuine entrepreneur test; and

2. A new requirement for applicants to hold the necessary minimum funds (or invest them in the business) on an ongoing basis rather than solely at the time of application.

The letter ended with "The UKBA will contact you in the coming weeks to advise you how these changes will affect your application and what steps (if any) you will need to take before we make a decision on your application. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by delays in issuing a decision on your application, but we must ensure that abuse of this route is tackled so that we can continue to attract the brightest and the best."

Has anyone received this type of letter? What does this really portend for the application?

Please note that I applied late October and did Bio 3rd of November, this is the first correspondence received since Bio was done.

Best of luck to us.

Regards,

H-Cube

CAN YOU PLEASE TELL US WHERE (UK OR OVERSEAS)YOU HOLD YOUR FUNDS?

madina100

Update

Post by madina100 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:33 pm

I think this letter is just an excuse from UKBA as they are heavily criticised for such a long delays and i think they have send these letters to all those applicants who applied before 31st Jan 2013 , nothing to worry guys just make sure u still got funds in ur account or ur 3rd party account.

H-Cube
Newly Registered

Post by H-Cube » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:34 pm

Yes. All funds held in the UK and switching from PSW route.

I really can't fathom the reason for the letters yet but my gut feeling says that they have been instructed by the Government to give update to all outstanding applicants to allay their worries.

I also read an article a while ago that UKBA hopes to clear all outstanding applications starting from April 2013, so this might be a preamble to achieving that.

Anyway, we can only stay positive and hope that we all get our desired outcomes soon.

Cheers!

H-Cube

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:37 pm

yes funds in uk and I got the same letter and my team member as well.

so nothing to worry about its just a standard letter informing us for changes made etc n will contact in coming weeks if we need anything from you.

mayur9382 wrote:
gardazi76 wrote:hello

what i think the people having money overseas might be they are getting this letter or might be asked to money in the account again or some thing lets see or we might get an interview

lets wait n see

best of luck guys
It seems like all the applicant showed the funds overseas are getting this letter.

Is there any applicants here who have mentioned the money held in uk and got this letter?

If so please share.

Thanks.

gardazi76

Post by gardazi76 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Well atleast a reply from ukba for some thing only 50 days after this new rule applied which every body who applied for visa know all this bill shit thing they wasted paper and time sending these letter

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:45 pm

Atleast they made an effort to write a letter and I will be very glad if they request for any further information if they have any doubts or preferably call for interview rather than just assuming and deciding application.

regards
gardazi76 wrote:Well atleast a reply from ukba for some thing only 50 days after this new rule applied which every body who applied for visa know all this bill shit thing they wasted paper and time sending these letter

la
Member of Standing

Re: Status Update

Post by la » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:49 pm

H-Cube wrote:Hello All,

I got a letter from UKBA today, dated 15th of March, 2013.

The letter stated that "I am writing to update you on the current position of your application for leave to remain under Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)"

Then went on to recap the changes made on the 30th of January, 2013 by the Government and how it affects initial applications, including applications submitted prior to 31 January when it takes effect.

The two key changes made were highlighted:
1. The introduction of a genuine entrepreneur test; and

2. A new requirement for applicants to hold the necessary minimum funds (or invest them in the business) on an ongoing basis rather than solely at the time of application.

The letter ended with "The UKBA will contact you in the coming weeks to advise you how these changes will affect your application and what steps (if any) you will need to take before we make a decision on your application. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by delays in issuing a decision on your application, but we must ensure that abuse of this route is tackled so that we can continue to attract the brightest and the best."

Has anyone received this type of letter? What does this really portend for the application?

Please note that I applied late October and did Bio 3rd of November, this is the first correspondence received since Bio was done.

Best of luck to us.

Regards,

H-Cube
Hi H-Cube,

Did you receive this letter from UK BA or UK BA case worker ? Could you please give more details on this.

H-Cube
Newly Registered

Post by H-Cube » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:52 pm

The letter is from UKBA not the caseworker.

It was signed by the National Lead for Temporary Immigration.

gardazi76

Post by gardazi76 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:53 pm

I got letter from

Neil Hughes
National lead for temporary migration
Uk border agency
Immigration & settlement directorate

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:58 pm

Same here ................ and everyone who received this letter will have same details bcz its a standard letter they sent out to everyone who applied on or before 31st January

gardazi76 wrote:I got letter from

Neil Hughes
Uk border agency
Immigration & settlement directorate

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:59 pm

I think they realized of delays from their side and the burden on customer services call centers.

May be this piece of letter could help them Not to give any option for applicant to withdraw application and get fee refunds.

May be UKBA handed over Entrepreneur case handling to some third party/hired company staff to deal on their behalf. e.g. Capita

May be petition's effects

Just an idea
Last edited by RizKCB on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monolyte

Post by monolyte » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:04 pm

Neil Hughes
Uk border agency
Immigration & settlement directorate[/quote][/quote]

SAME WITH ME.

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:07 pm

Neil Hughes is Director of Temporary Migration within UKBA.

samu140

Post by samu140 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi, 200K funds in uk . just received the same letter.
Keep Updating

yawar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by yawar » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:04 pm

mayur9382 wrote:
gardazi76 wrote:hello

what i think the people having money overseas might be they are getting this letter or might be asked to money in the account again or some thing lets see or we might get an interview

lets wait n see

best of luck guys
It seems like all the applicant showed the funds overseas are getting this letter.

Is there any applicants here who have mentioned the money held in uk and got this letter?

If so please share.

Thanks.
I received this letter as well. i have mainted 50K funds in my UK account. I think they have sent this letter to every applicant regardless of the fact that funds are held in uk or overseas.

den
Newly Registered

Post by den » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:52 pm

I've received the letter too dated 15 March from Neil Hughes
National lead for temporary migration, Uk border agency, Immigration & settlement directorate.

Did my bio on 12 Nov 2012.

buntyz

Post by buntyz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:24 pm

hi i hv received d same letter even ftr receiving ma BRP.i think dey sendin it to everyone.

dd156
BANNED

Post by dd156 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:38 pm

buntyz wrote:hi i hv received d same letter even ftr receiving ma BRP.i think dey sendin it to everyone.
:S

Looks like I am the only one who did not receive it then.

gardazi76

Post by gardazi76 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:38 pm

buntyz wrote:hi i hv received d same letter even ftr receiving ma BRP.i think dey sendin it to everyone.
u know the best thing to do every body call ukba and ask them the reason behind it or query i think they printed them long time back and put 15 march date to send it as soon the date comes they posted it to show they are awake n working or show to some one

or i think people calling them for status every day so they wont call them ask for the status

tier1enterpreneur

hi

Post by tier1enterpreneur » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:31 pm

hello Got the same letter too... it says in coming weeks ukba will contact us hopefully that happens soon !!!!!
Tier 1 Entrepreneur

entreprenuer11
- thin ice -

Post by entreprenuer11 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:54 pm

Hi
I received the letter from UKBA this morning saying about the new rules and how i fall under them.

But than later in the afternoon received my approval letter and documents.

Finally after such a long time I feel relieved.

Thanks and good luck to all of you

Applied 28 aug 2012
bio 11 sep 2012
PSW to Entrepreneur
Funds in UK
Single applicant
Funds kept throughout
Normal marketing material and one contract

H-Cube
Newly Registered

Post by H-Cube » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:59 pm

Congrats mate. Best of luck with your plans.

sad.1

UKBA send me enquiry about my CASE After 7 months.

Post by sad.1 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:14 am

Here are the enquiries:

1-Show us if you have money still available to INVEST.
2- send us your CV with your work and Education history.
3- evidence for your business insurance
4-your business bank statement since i applied till today date.
5- proof of quarterly payment from the client whom i was having contract to provide services.
6- further proof of advertisement.
7-if i am registered my business from home does my home insurance knows about it?

NOW my point is after 7 months UKBA replying for your case and asking such questions that if that person whom i have made contract does he paid me?

how can i provide him services without knowing that i am eligible to work and does that person is going to wait for me untill i got visa ???

he actually cancelled the contract with me....now i am confused how can i show them about the payment he made.

all i can tell them no body is going to wait for 7 months.

ANY SUGGESTION GUYSS???

dd156
BANNED

Re: UKBA send me enquiry about my CASE After 7 months.

Post by dd156 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:20 am

sad.1 wrote:Here are the enquiries:

1-Show us if you have money still available to INVEST.
2- send us your CV with your work and Education history.
3- evidence for your business insurance
4-your business bank statement since i applied till today date.
5- proof of quarterly payment from the client whom i was having contract to provide services.
6- further proof of advertisement.
7-if i am registered my business from home does my home insurance knows about it?

NOW my point is after 7 months UKBA replying for your case and asking such questions that if that person whom i have made contract does he paid me?

how can i provide him services without knowing that i am eligible to work and does that person is going to wait for me untill i got visa ???

he actually cancelled the contract with me....now i am confused how can i show them about the payment he made.

all i can tell them no body is going to wait for 7 months.

ANY SUGGESTION GUYSS???
What type of business do you run?

sad.1

Re: UKBA send me enquiry about my CASE After 7 months.

Post by sad.1 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:23 am

i am running a consultancy business

my services would be marketing and sales for clients.