ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shweta.duggal

ILR Query

Post by shweta.duggal » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:32 am

I have a query

As per new ILR rule(as we are told) , to show that wife was living with husband for 2 years ,it should be done thru 3 different resources. So one of our friend stayed with us for 9 months but his wife was in India on holiday for 6 months along with their child. Now that friend is asking us to sign on letter saying that his wife and himself were living at our address for 9 months.

I think it will be false in case of wife, as she was physically away. Am I right in saying this or signing on such statement should be ok?
Hope my query is clear. Please suggest.

shweta.duggal

Post by shweta.duggal » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:04 am

bump!!

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:13 am

I think this may not count as official proof to a caseworker anyway! They will ask for proofs as charted out in guidance notes or immigration directorate instructions. Tell them to prepare documents required officially rather than creating these temporary fixes.
Please don't trust this as professional advice, just another post here what I think will be best.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

shweta.duggal

Post by shweta.duggal » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:17 am

Thanks crusador0408

for throwing some light on it but its hard to turn down some insensitive people.

I look forward for others view too.

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:27 am

This willn't not help either you or applicant. Written statement like this serves no purpose one has to have concrete proof.

suis

Post by suis » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:05 pm

i got my ILR by last week before, according to my understanding.
1.council tax payment summary letter
2.electoral registration letter
3.GP practice letter
4.Water bills or Electricity bills

are the most recommended cohab documents that i could think of
there are may be other documents but i used 1 and 2 letters on my list to get my ILR ,and got my ILR within 1:30 min